Sponsored by:

GT3 street -> GT3 Cup Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:09 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadh
I know JR has been there and done that, so if he says softer springs make the car more forgiving I wouldn't go against it. I haven't messed with the suspension on my personal Cups, but I know the GTC cars I've driven were very softly sprung...

-mike
A friend tested a new 11' cup for a ALMS-GTC race last year and said it understeered in T1 with fresh Michelins. I asked how can anyone understeer in T1 and he said it almost went off to the right. They tried changing pretty much every setting and finally just changed out the 1500 lb springs for something more manageable like 700/800. It worked much better....
Old 07-30-2012, 02:56 AM
SSTHO
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by MariusRacer
997 cups are not as hard to drive as it is made out to be here! Especially with an auto blipper. Rodger has a nice one that he rents out and I'm more that happy to jump in with you for a while. Pbir is a nice flat track to get the experience.
Thanks! That sounds like a great experience. I am waiting for a quote from Eddie for a 996 Cup car for rent. Though I've only been at PBIR once (thanks to Orbit!), I felt comfortable with the track.

Quick Reply: GT3 street -> GT3 Cup Experiences?