Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

2006 997 Cup For Sale **CAR SOLD**

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

If only we hadn't just finished up the GT3R! Damn I want a sequential ;-)
Old 10-19-2011, 10:38 PM
fstockcarrera
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
rm

An overrev up to @10k would not worry me btw. Have actually seen 11300 on a car a friend had and it still flew, although if it is a IMSA car Porsche will want to freshen it if they see north of 9-9500. Club car, if it hauls and You didnt prang a valve...drive it and watch for a crankcase pressure spike on data to warn of impending doom. Great cars.

Looks like a great car!
HI Glen I'm looking for over rev guidance on a PMNA 996 cup engine
Old 10-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Todd, Doug had PMNA read the ECU at one of our races, they also gave it the IMSA hex file flash for a couple extra ponies, he can give you all the info you want.

Regarding a trade, that is a possibility, I really, really miss my RS.

Stop by the shop and check it out and talk to Doug.

By the way the brakes have been changed out to steel, I need to check on the master cylinders, but I know if it doesn't have it I have a spare we can put on. (thanks for the info on the master cylinders Glen)

I put the Manthay auto blippers on both cups before I drove them the first time, I wanted the insurance!
Old 10-20-2011, 12:30 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts

I'll give Doug a call but I have seen the car (I think I even sat in it once) and its awesome. He went through it with me. Probably way more car than I need (or than my wife will allow me) but if you are interested in opening a dialogue, feel free to send me an email. My car is not an RS but it is a 3.8 and a fun car to drive. I bought it to make a DE car out of but its pretty nice and I don't really want to be out there with the NASA ricers.

Todd
larocque.todd@gmail.com
Old 10-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by fstockcarrera
HI Glen I'm looking for over rev guidance on a PMNA 996 cup engine
Should be about the same with the exception that when those were overrevved many times the pressure plate will brake a tab or two and the engagement wof clutch will seem a bit"off" but still work for sometime. The problem with that is that many continue to drive them and are unaware they are hammering the crank bearings if the rotating mass is now out of balance due to broken pressure plate...
Old 10-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfbum
Todd, Doug had PMNA read the ECU at one of our races, they also gave it the IMSA hex file flash for a couple extra ponies, he can give you all the info you want.

Regarding a trade, that is a possibility, I really, really miss my RS.

Stop by the shop and check it out and talk to Doug.

By the way the brakes have been changed out to steel, I need to check on the master cylinders, but I know if it doesn't have it I have a spare we can put on. (thanks for the info on the master cylinders Glen)

I put the Manthay auto blippers on both cups before I drove them the first time, I wanted the insurance!
BTW if it still has the original masters it is not a bad thing in that the pedal modulation is improved but not IMSA legal or PCA legal then. The difference is the Steel rotor cars have the ceramic cars front MC in the rear and a larger one in front. The ceramic cars have the steel cars rear MC in the front and a smaller one in the rear...hope that makes sense...
Old 11-12-2011, 04:33 PM
TbakerMS
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car still available?
Old 11-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Yes, haven't had the car out in a year so we are taking it out to Willow springs first of November for a POC event.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:25 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Surfbum, you meant First weekend of DECEMBER? 3rd and 4th POC event?
Old 11-13-2011, 02:17 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

I still can't believe this car is available.......but good for Dave is that he is coming out for our GMG Track Day Dec 1st at Willow to shake it down and enjoy it. If anyone is interested in the car, this would be a perfect time to see it in action.

Dave is a stand up guy and the car is a great example of an early 997 Cup.

If anyone else is interested in running our GMG Track Day Dec 1st at Big Willow, let me know by emailing me directly at james@gmgracing.com.

Thanks,

James
Old 11-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

GT3DE, you are correct, its the first weekend in December.
Thanks for the kind words James, missed you out at the Pirelli Drivers Cup event in Vegas.
BTW, just to dispel the rumor about the early 997 cups being inferior, I believe both races for the weekend were won on 06's.
I was running my 08 with a fresh PMNA motor and I couldn't catch them.
Looking forward to learning Willow Springs and running with the POC Gang.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:07 PM
trader247
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the car still available? I was looking into getting a Cup last year, but time took over and it didn't happen. I am now back in Nevada/California and would really like to get in a nice car in time for the up coming season.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:29 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Trader 247,

I believe Dave still has his 997 Cup for sale and I can say it's a very nice car as I drove it a month ago at the POC race event.

I am sure Dave will respond with an update.

And if you need support for the car, you can ask Dave about that as well and we can certainly help too.

Thanks,

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

KILLING ME here... Ugh... Couple more months... Couple more months...

Mike
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

You guys are killing me, since I didnt have any takers (that could actually come up with the money) I did what evry crazy racer would do.........................
Pour more money in it!!!!........just put on some adjustable JRZ's, put all new wheel bearings, put a GPS unit attached to the dash so I can quit dragging the beacon out, bought some updated headers, muffler and ordered an 09 rear bumper cover.
I also had the box removed and opened it up to verify everythis is ok. All is fine and a new clutch going back in to boot.
If your really interested, PM me and we will talk, but it going to be more money if you want all the new goodies.

By the way, if you ever want to feel humilitaed, have James do a data lap for you. He did three laps on used slicks and put down a time that was in line with a couple of 10 & 11 cars were running that weekend.
I am having the video reviewed because I think I saw a martini glass in one hand and a cigar in the other!!

Quick Reply: 2006 997 Cup For Sale **CAR SOLD**