Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Porsche Cup Cars (https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-cup-cars-151/)
-   -   List of current projects at Demon Speed and looking for suggestions for more (https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-cup-cars/1242822-list-of-current-projects-at-demon-speed-and-looking-for-suggestions-for-more.html)

Ed@Demonspeed 03-23-2021 11:28 AM

List of current projects at Demon Speed and looking for suggestions for more

Guys,

At Demon Speed we are constantly looking to fill needs in our industry. We have quite a bit of new products in development, but we are always looking for more suggestions. Please post here what you would think would be a good match for us. Keep in mind, we are also looking to reach beyond cup cars. We took on the project of building a Boxster AER car to gain first hand experience with the products for the Boxster and Cayman to see what would be best to offer for that platform as well.

As you can imagine, we are looking to increase our supply of 991 and Clubsport products. We have already started listing quite a few products for them that we will buy and resell. Things like the wheel nuts, Engine coils, brake rotors (and rings) and pads from both PFC and Pagid, 991 spoilers, wheel bearings, centerlock rebuild kits, center nut drive tools, CSF radiators, fuel pumps, hood pins/plates/clips,

Here are what we have in the works.

Bottle cart. New project. Thanks to a customer conversation yesterday I have some new ideas on how to accomplish this.

991 aftermarket air filters. High quality, high value alternative to the PMNA BMC filter.

Boxster oil pan extension kit. Similar to others in the market. We are looking to offer a high quality, price competitive product.

991/Clubsport Double Height Jack Stands. We hope to have an offering by the end of April for these.

996 Spoiler in plastic to replace the no longer available Porsche Motorsports part. As soon as the design is done, then we can open this up to pre-orders to help offset the high cost of the mold manufacturing. Looks like this may start next week.

991 Forged 1 piece wheels. Looking to offer an alternative to the App Tech wheel produced by a well known US wheel manufacture who has experience with wheels on the 991 cars in IMSA GTD already. High quality at a more competitive price. This may be hitting our website next week. Currently PCA GTC does not have an allowance for non App Tech wheels in the rules. I will be submitting a change recommendation. Basis of the rule change with be on price and risk of availability of the current supplier. I hope that we will have your support on this one.

991 steering wheel button plate. Cut from carbon fiber sheet. These are ready to be cut and will be in the store in a couple of weeks.

991 wing end plates. Again, clear carbon fiber as an alternative to the painted as supplied by Motorsports. These will be in the store in a couple of weeks.

991 travel hold down nuts. Similar design to the motorsports product. In production now. Anticipate these to hit the store in late April

991 Toe Links. Similar design to the motorsports product. In the design process right now.

Thanks

Ed

69911s 03-23-2021 07:42 PM

991 Cup axles.

Ed@Demonspeed 03-23-2021 07:47 PM

Yes, great point. I am working with the team at Drive Shaft Shop to put together axles for the 991 just as we have for the 997/996 cup cars.

Biggest thing I need to get that going right now is an axle to send them for them to get all the measurements on it.

Thanks

Ed

69911s 03-23-2021 09:12 PM

I have an extra.

Ed@Demonspeed 03-23-2021 09:56 PM

That would be awesome if we could borrow it.

Thanks

Ed

stujelly 03-23-2021 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ed@Demonspeed (Post 17315657)
Guys,

At Demon Speed we are constantly looking to fill needs in our industry. We have quite a bit of new products in development, but we are always looking for more suggestions. Please post here what you would think would be a good match for us. Keep in mind, we are also looking to reach beyond cup cars. We took on the project of building a Boxster AER car to gain first hand experience with the products for the Boxster and Cayman to see what would be best to offer for that platform as well.

As you can imagine, we are looking to increase our supply of 991 and Clubsport products. We have already started listing quite a few products for them that we will buy and resell. Things like the wheel nuts, Engine coils, brake rotors (and rings) and pads from both PFC and Pagid, 991 spoilers, wheel bearings, centerlock rebuild kits, center nut drive tools, CSF radiators, fuel pumps, hood pins/plates/clips,

Here are what we have in the works.

Bottle cart. New project. Thanks to a customer conversation yesterday I have some new ideas on how to accomplish this.

991 aftermarket air filters. High quality, high value alternative to the PMNA BMC filter.

Boxster oil pan extension kit. Similar to others in the market. We are looking to offer a high quality, price competitive product.

991/Clubsport Double Height Jack Stands. We hope to have an offering by the end of April for these.

996 Spoiler in plastic to replace the no longer available Porsche Motorsports part. As soon as the design is done, then we can open this up to pre-orders to help offset the high cost of the mold manufacturing. Looks like this may start next week.

991 Forged 1 piece wheels. Looking to offer an alternative to the App Tech wheel produced by a well known US wheel manufacture who has experience with wheels on the 991 cars in IMSA GTD already. High quality at a more competitive price. This may be hitting our website next week. Currently PCA GTC does not have an allowance for non App Tech wheels in the rules. I will be submitting a change recommendation. Basis of the rule change with be on price and risk of availability of the current supplier. I hope that we will have your support on this one.

991 steering wheel button plate. Cut from carbon fiber sheet. These are ready to be cut and will be in the store in a couple of weeks.

991 wing end plates. Again, clear carbon fiber as an alternative to the painted as supplied by Motorsports. These will be in the store in a couple of weeks.

991 travel hold down nuts. Similar design to the motorsports product. In production now. Anticipate these to hit the store in late April

991 Toe Links. Similar design to the motorsports product. In the design process right now.

Thanks

Ed

good stuff

rebrewer 03-23-2021 11:05 PM

Hub stands for 996, 997, 991

redmonkey928 03-24-2021 12:07 PM

I believe I've also got a singular red axle, happy to ship out.

38D 03-25-2021 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ed@Demonspeed (Post 17315657)

Personally I dont think the market needs another deep sump extension/plate. What we need is a better solution to the oiling issues in the 986/987. Here's a couple of ideas I never got around to engineering while I had a 986/987.
  1. A shaped deep sump plate. If you look at typical V8 oil pans, they feature a deeper area where the oil pickup tube is present. This same idea could be applied to the 986/7 platform. Below is a picture that shows what this might look like in practice. My belief is you'd want the deep section to the back so that oil cannot starve during acceleration. This type of design should help prevent oil starvation when the engine is under load. If you also put a plastic space to displace some of the oil higher up, you could effectively further shape the pan (light red triangle in the pic below). Btw, in the pics below, the blue/red/green lines so the same areas under different longitudinal loads.
  2. A swinging oil pickup. This is also used on V engines, notably on the Viper V10. I suspect you could just build an adapter so that you could reuse a swinging pickup that is already available ala the one from the Viper. This would help avoid starvation under lateral loads.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...6dffd6b5f1.jpg

bgiere 03-26-2021 03:50 PM

Thanks Ed and Diane ! Always on top of things, we appreciate all You do there at Demon Speed !

69911s 03-31-2021 09:00 PM

While I'm at it, a dipstick that didn't require a smoke filled tent with a guy reading entrails might be helpful. I know heresy to the Porsche faithful...

Ed@Demonspeed 04-01-2021 10:18 AM

Great stuff guys.

Thanks

Ed

kgorman 04-08-2021 10:55 PM

996 cup rear and side window replacements, including supercup slider bit.

rebrewer 04-09-2021 01:04 AM

+1 on the windows.

Bob

Quadcammer 04-09-2021 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by 38D (Post 17321086)
Personally I dont think the market needs another deep sump extension/plate. What we need is a better solution to the oiling issues in the 986/987. Here's a couple of ideas I never got around to engineering while I had a 986/987.
  1. A shaped deep sump plate. If you look at typical V8 oil pans, they feature a deeper area where the oil pickup tube is present. This same idea could be applied to the 986/7 platform. Below is a picture that shows what this might look like in practice. My belief is you'd want the deep section to the back so that oil cannot starve during acceleration. This type of design should help prevent oil starvation when the engine is under load. If you also put a plastic space to displace some of the oil higher up, you could effectively further shape the pan (light red triangle in the pic below). Btw, in the pics below, the blue/red/green lines so the same areas under different longitudinal loads.
  2. A swinging oil pickup. This is also used on V engines, notably on the Viper V10. I suspect you could just build an adapter so that you could reuse a swinging pickup that is already available ala the one from the Viper. This would help avoid starvation under lateral loads.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...6dffd6b5f1.jpg

Plus 1 on the swinging pickup