Notices

WTB - Manthey pushrod system - 997.1

Old 05-01-2019, 09:44 AM
rhargy
User

Default WTB - Manthey pushrod system - 997.1

Does anybody have one they want to part with or perhaps know of someone who does ?

I'm really at my wits end (short wits) from breaking throttle cables.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated as I just can't crack the code on set up and the last cable lasted only 2 events.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:45 PM
CRex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Reach out to the guys at Aasco. They make a very similar version of the Manthey pushrod and I've used that with no issues. Just a simple, elegant and foolproof implementation vs. the OEM cable contortionist exercise...
Old 05-03-2019, 08:38 AM
rhargy
User

Thanks......I'll give them a shot.
Manthey is no longer making the system and the "upgraded" cable PMNA moved to is actually making the problem worse.
It's actually heavier gauge and I think that it's less flexible and breaking sooner than the old style
Old 05-05-2019, 01:49 PM
Orbit Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We also were making these throttle blippers. The first time I saw one was a Manthey built one back in 2007. It sure did make the cars easier to drive, we were using them in IMSA Challenge and in Grand AM races before anybody had ever seen - a little bit of an advantage . I will see if we have any left.

[email protected]
Old 05-06-2019, 11:15 AM
rhargy
User

Thanks - Appreciate the help and keeping my fingers crossed you have one tucked away somewhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: