Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 2008, High Pressure Fuel Pump Jammed (Stuck)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 06:09 PM
Tay Dan
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 2008, High Pressure Fuel Pump Jammed (Stuck)

The other day and while I was driving on the highway the car suddenly lost power but kept going on only 30% of it's original power. I did not know the reason but I drove slowly home because it was at night.

Next morning I decided to bring the car to my mechanic to found out what has gone wrong. When I started the car I heard a loud cracking noise in the engine compartment and the whole car started to shake like it was an earthquake. I immediately switched off the ignition and had the car towed to the mechanic. To make the story short the mechanic opened up the engine and he discovered that the High Pressure Fuel Pump has jammed (STUCK) and broke the part of the camshaft that connects to the high pressure fuel pump via the clutch and the camshaft plastic stopper which they also grounded to small pieces and fallen into the engine.

I live in Santiago, Chile and the camshaft, high pressure fuel pump, and the other parts are only available from the local Porsche dealer which they don,t have them in stock, and they told me that they have to be brought from the US with a skyrocket prices. Finally I had my brother in California to look for new camshaft along the other pieces. Now to complicate my life more with the famous Porsche none of the Porsche Dealers in the US has the camshaft in stock and they have to order it from Porschelandia GERMANY. Well finally the Porsche dealer in Pasadena, California ordered the camshaft and the other parts from Germany and when they do arrive to the US they will be shipped to me to Chile in order to avoid excessive customs duties.

One can expect that this problem occurs to a Chinese cars but not to a car with this high caliber and prestigious . My mechanic told me that during the 50 odd years that he has been a mechanic he never heard or imagined that the high pressure fuel pump gets jammed. It may stop working but never gets stuck and creates all this damage.

I swear to god that the moment that my car is fixed I will sell it in the cheapest price possible and goodbye Porsche forever, not even for free.Today I received my camshaft from the US along with a new high pressure fuel pump and my mechanic said that it takes 4 days labor to replace it ?????. I would imagine that the total cost will be around my 4 month salary plus the nightmare.
Tay Dan, Santiago, Chile

Last edited by Tay Dan; 04-19-2019 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Complaint about the Qualities of Porsche Cayenne
Old 04-19-2019, 09:55 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Tay Dan
The other day and while I was driving on the highway the car suddenly lost power but kept going on only 30% of it's original power. I did not know the reason but I drove slowly home because it was at night.

Next morning I decided to bring the car to my mechanic to found out what has gone wrong. When I started the car I heard a loud cracking noise in the engine compartment and the whole car started to shake like it was an earthquake. I immediately switched off the ignition and had the car towed to the mechanic. To make the story short the mechanic opened up the engine and he discovered that the High Pressure Fuel Pump has jammed (STUCK) and broke the part of the camshaft that connects to the high pressure fuel pump via the clutch and the camshaft plastic stopper which they also grounded to small pieces and fallen into the engine.

I live in Santiago, Chile and the camshaft, high pressure fuel pump, and the other parts are only available from the local Porsche dealer which they don,t have them in stock, and they told me that they have to be brought from the US with a skyrocket prices. Finally I had my brother in California to look for new camshaft along the other pieces. Now to complicate my life more with the famous Porsche none of the Porsche Dealers in the US has the camshaft in stock and they have to order it from Porschelandia GERMANY. Well finally the Porsche dealer in Pasadena, California ordered the camshaft and the other parts from Germany and when they do arrive to the US they will be shipped to me to Chile in order to avoid excessive customs duties.

One can expect that this problem occurs to a Chinese cars but not to a car with this high caliber and prestigious . My mechanic told me that during the 50 odd years that he has been a mechanic he never heard or imagined that the high pressure fuel pump gets jammed. It may stop working but never gets stuck and creates all this damage.

I swear to god that the moment that my car is fixed I will sell it in the cheapest price possible and goodbye Porsche forever, not even for free.Today I received my camshaft from the US along with a new high pressure fuel pump and my mechanic said that it takes 4 days labor to replace it ?????. I would imagine that the total cost will be around my 4 month salary plus the nightmare.
Tay Dan, Santiago, Chile
I'm doing this right now on my CTTS. https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...hpfp-ctts.html

Thought I'd be back on the road this weekend but that dime sized stopper was shredded so I've to order that part.

So wait, the camshaft was Fooked? Damm, u got pictures? BTW, to switch out the pump shouldn't take a pro more than 1.5 hours. Can't speak on the camshaft. Good luck..
Old 04-20-2019, 12:23 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

pack of matches and full tank of gas with a rag.

then buy a cup car.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:46 AM
Tay Dan
AutoX

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
I'm doing this right now on my CTTS. https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...hpfp-ctts.html

Thought I'd be back on the road this weekend but that dime sized stopper was shredded so I've to order that part.

So wait, the camshaft was Fooked? Damm, u got pictures? BTW, to switch out the pump shouldn't take a pro more than 1.5 hours. Can't speak on the camshaft. Good luck..

Camshaft

Camshaft

Camshaft where connects to high pressure fuel pump.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:04 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Tay Dan

Camshaft

Camshaft

Camshaft where connects to high pressure fuel pump.
man that's ugly, sorry for you misfortune.

We should probably move this thread, and not bore the cup car guys..lol
Old 04-20-2019, 10:58 PM
rebrewer
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I had my high pressure pump replaced under recall. Did they not have the recall in South America?

Best,

Bob
Old 04-21-2019, 12:41 PM
Tay Dan
AutoX

Originally Posted by rebrewer
I had my high pressure pump replaced under recall. Did they not have the recall in South America?

Best,

Bob
Never heard of it in Chile
Old 04-21-2019, 12:50 PM
Tay Dan
AutoX

Never heard of it in Chile Bob.
Porsche dealer in Chile is the most expensive Porsche dealer on earth. Probably there was a recall but it was never published.

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 2008, High Pressure Fuel Pump Jammed (Stuck)