Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

What is a 996 Cup factory CF rear bumper worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 10:23 PM
Laurence Gibbs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys you might want to check Porsche service book for the 04 model. Page 50 under chassis the first few paragraphs includes the words.....Basis 911 GT3 R weight optimized chassis.... Carbon fibre Bonnet (hood ) Carbon Fibre doors , Carbon fibre rear wing. Of course this could be wrong . The supporting pictures in the service book look like the car has a steel bonnet but the car in pictures could be pre production. I have always thought the cars moved to CF parts when the GT3 RS road model was introduced , 03 MY. This is what Porsche did in previous models 964 , 993, so it would make sense. That said the road car had two exhaust cut outs the race car has just the central exit so there is a physical difference.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:12 AM
rbahr
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Hi Laurence,

Yep I just went and looked art the 04 Cup manual and found this:

Chassis
Specification
The chassis corresponds with that of the 911 Carrera (996). All
measurements can be taken from the repair guide.
Basis 911 GT 3 R weight optimised chassis.
Adjustable carbon fibre composite rear wing with raised wing pro-
file.
Carbon fibre bonnet
Carbon fibre doors
Polycarbonate door windows and rear screen.
Interior trim without noise insulation material, integral roll cage.
Recaro Racing bucket seat (drivers side only)
Six point safety harness.
Detachable Momo steering wheel.
Panel quick release fittings
Air jack system
Interior colour without clear lacquer.
Laminated door trim.

No mention of the rear bumper material. That said, the parts list for the car has a Porsche Motorsports part number for the rear bumper - probably at least for the center cutout.

The 997 Cup definitely uses a CF rear bumper - found that in the manual...

Ray
Old 04-18-2019, 12:43 AM
rebrewer
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I have heard from those wiser than me (and there are many) that there were differences between the Cup series around the world. The Brazilian Cup cars didn't have headlights, for example. Perhaps some had CF and others not. Would be interesting to know.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:27 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by rebrewer
I have heard from those wiser than me (and there are many) that there were differences between the Cup series around the world. The Brazilian Cup cars didn't have headlights, for example. Perhaps some had CF and others not. Would be interesting to know.
From my understanding, all of the cars left the factory in Germany as identical spec, then certain modifications were made once landed in their respective countries of competition. People managing the Brazil CC probably made a decision that running blanks would be cheaper as they most likely weren’t racing at night so the cars probably had their headlights removed and replaced with the blanks. Another example, in Carrera Cup Aus, it was decided that all the cars would run a motec system so the managing body of Carrera cup mandated that cars had to have this fitted post factory.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:37 AM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 143 Posts

That's the "R" not the Cup from the best of my knowledge reg Cups didn't have it.

Or the Germans got there translation mixed up . If you look up Bonnet it say "hood covering engine" to they might have meant that which was Carbon. The rear bumper if its carbon could have been from an "R" but those were flared out so it would be much wider and not fit a regular Cup

Hoods are steel though in regular 996 Cups
Old 04-19-2019, 08:30 AM
hgo
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered one last year from Porsche Motorsport Germany, so original as per factory
CF rear bumper and CF/Kevlar weave in the corners to make it stronger

for sale now but in Belgium Europe as other parts of 996 Rs /Cup as I sold the car (RS CF hood, RS rear wing, GT3 wheels, Elec cut out switch, rear tow hook, harnass, 996 cup exhaust full system, 997 early cup exhaust full system.....)
perfect as new condition, painted in Carrara white
don't know if shipping to USA is interesting as parts are big...

regards
Hans
Old 04-22-2019, 12:36 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a 996 CF rear bumper for sale. It had been damaged but was repaired nicely. Lemme know if anyone needs one. Shipping is a pain but would ship if someone is interested.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:41 PM
rebrewer
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Brant, sent you a PM

Quick Reply: What is a 996 Cup factory CF rear bumper worth?