Traction control on 991cup???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Nick_Athens
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction control on 991cup???

Hello,
anyone know if i can install Traction control on a 991.1 cup??
I run on an open category vs some huracan trofeos (including gt3 evo) and my competitors have..

Porsche 991 Gt3r has tc from factory...

Thank you
nick
Old 03-01-2019, 07:19 PM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Burt Strange from Merit Partners contacted me about a 991.1 GT3 Cup that he has for sale. He said it has traction control. Maybe he might have some info to provide.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:05 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 93 Posts

IMHO these cars don’t need TC unless you plan to race in the rain. And if you are competing heads up with a huracan trofeo i don’t know that TC will help much! These cars are so much faster than a 991 cup.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:42 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

I have seen TC installed on cars in Europe. The rumor was the GT america's had TC for a little while before it was disallowed by the series. PMNA activated it for us on or car but couldn't give any more info about a calibration or wiring instructions for an adjustment switch. We would be very interested in hearing more about this as well.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Nick_Athens
Track Day

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
IMHO these cars don’t need TC unless you plan to race in the rain. And if you are competing heads up with a huracan trofeo i don’t know that TC will help much! These cars are so much faster than a 991 cup.
the problem is that In Greece the tracks we have, are like big kart tracks with awful grip... you wont believe till you see.. (google megara circuit) athens to understand what i mean... lambos are much faster indeed... especially with the restrictor off...
Old 03-02-2019, 03:09 PM
Nick_Athens
Track Day

Originally Posted by coryf
I have seen TC installed on cars in Europe. The rumor was the GT america's had TC for a little while before it was disallowed by the series. PMNA activated it for us on or car but couldn't give any more info about a calibration or wiring instructions for an adjustment switch. We would be very interested in hearing more about this as well.
i know manthey sell TC on the 991.2 cup but only if you buy the (aerodynamic gt3rkit) which cost the same like a 991.1 cup...
i think i have to contact Bosch..

Quick Reply: Traction control on 991cup???