Sponsored by:

Door window removal on 997 cup

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 05:55 PM
MX RACER
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Door window removal on 997 cup

Any advice on how to remove the window from the drivers door? I have a 997.1 cup.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2018, 12:00 AM
crashtest22
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

PITA just did it on the pass side of ours.
the drivers had been previously done and had button head allen screws holding it back in.

I used a razor blade and took my time but still broke the window when I was about half way.
I started at the back and went between the window and frame working my way forward top and bottom till I could get a hand on the window and kinda pull it out so it was easier to cut the glue.

Take your time and use care with the bending of the window.

once its off I used a razor to clean up the remaining glue on the frame side till it was just carbon left and only scratched it in a few small places.
here is a pic of the drivers side and how it should look when done.....
one other thing dont put too much pressure when pulling or the door will separate. where the window is attached and the inside...its a seam...
ps the holes are where the button heads were. not stock..

Old 03-29-2018, 10:19 AM
tedean
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice post..do you know where to get replacement windows?
Old 03-29-2018, 12:04 PM
MX RACER
Rennlist Member

Thanks Crashtest! Yours looks great. I heard it was a pain. My passenger side was out when I got the car I re attach it with heavy duty Velcro just for storage, works great and takes 2 seconds. I want to remove drivers side and run net like yours.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:56 PM
crashtest22
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tedean
Nice post..do you know where to get replacement windows?
Replacement from pmna are really expensive I will just wait for a used to pop up.
not really planning on running windows again since car is now SCCA GT2 spec.

Originally Posted by MX RACER
Thanks Crashtest! Yours looks great. I heard it was a pain. My passenger side was out when I got the car I re attach it with heavy duty Velcro just for storage, works great and takes 2 seconds. I want to remove drivers side and run net like yours.
the net is kind of a pain too because the shape of the cage where it all mounts.
This car at one point had a different setup where the latch is about 6 inches forward of where this one mounted.
I eventually will make a new setup. this was done as a last min to get the car legal.
TPC Racing had a really nice kit but stopped selling it because they were expiring on the shelf
Old 03-29-2018, 03:27 PM
MX RACER
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by crashtest22
Replacement from pmna are really expensive I will just wait for a used to pop up.
not really planning on running windows again since car is now SCCA GT2 spec.

the net is kind of a pain too because the shape of the cage where it all mounts.
This car at one point had a different setup where the latch is about 6 inches forward of where this one mounted.
I eventually will make a new setup. this was done as a last min to get the car legal.
TPC Racing had a really nice kit but stopped selling it because they were expiring on the shelf
TPC is right up the street from my office, they set up all my cars. I will ask them about there's. Thanks
Old 03-29-2018, 05:29 PM
crashtest22
Rennlist Member

good plan.
this is the one
http://www.tpcracing.com/tpc-racing-...afety-net.html

Quick Reply: Door window removal on 997 cup