Sponsored by:

Who is Racing West Coast Pirelli Trophy Cup Support Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 09:31 PM
trader247
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who is Racing West Coast Pirelli Trophy Cup Support Needed

I am doing my first Pirelli Trophy race next month at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I now live in Vegas and keep my 991.1 Cup at Spring Mountain. This will be my first race in the Cup. I have raced some open cockpit and done the POC racers clinic in the Cup. I am looking for suggestions of teams that can put me under their tent and support. I drive a lot and have a coach and transport already. I don't need full arrive and drive support. Just support for the weekend. Any advise appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Last edited by trader247; 03-06-2018 at 10:09 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-06-2018, 11:10 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

i was wondering what happened to you, have not seen your car at the POC events
Old 03-06-2018, 11:24 PM
trader247
Instructor

Last POC I did was Spring Mountain in Oct. I got seriously addicted (I mean into the hobby). Got a membership at Spring Mountain, Moved to Vegas to be closer to the track. Started driving a bunch. Long story short, got another race car (Norma FC20) and raced it several times at SM. Norma was difficult to get parts for, started driving the Cup again and haven't looked back. Interesting thing is that the high down-force car helped me immensely when I went back to the Cup. I got used to much higher speeds and g's, then all of a sudden the Cup was much less intimidating. You gonna be at the Vegas event?
Old 03-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You might try James Sofranos at GMG or Les Long at Air Power
Old 03-07-2018, 04:01 PM
trader247
Instructor

Thanks. I knew about James and have spoken with him in the past. I wasn't sure if he would just do support vs Full service arrive and drive, but I will check. Greg Franz with Pirelli Cup is getting me some people too. Thanks again.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:52 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

yes i will be there and will say hello
Old 03-07-2018, 06:08 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I know the Flying Lizard folks will be at Vegas to support a customer with a 991 Cup. If you want an intro, PM me and I'll put you in contact with them.

-mike
Old 03-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

You might try JDX as well. I know they've had customers running that series in the past.

http://www.jdxracing.com/
Old 03-07-2018, 08:53 PM
trader247
Instructor

Originally Posted by Surfbum
You might try James Sofranos at GMG or Les Long at Air Power
Thanks, I have a message into James. Talked with Les, they only do full service arrive and drive. I already have my coach, transport and a shop that works on the car. I am just looking for track support.

Originally Posted by fleadh
I know the Flying Lizard folks will be at Vegas to support a customer with a 991 Cup. If you want an intro, PM me and I'll put you in contact with them.
-mike
PM sent. Thanks

Originally Posted by Nizer
You might try JDX as well. I know they've had customers running that series in the past.

http://www.jdxracing.com/
Thanks, will check them out.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:44 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by trader247
Thanks. I knew about James and have spoken with him in the past. I wasn't sure if he would just do support vs Full service arrive and drive, but I will check. Greg Franz with Pirelli Cup is getting me some people too. Thanks again.
Sorry we couldn't do it for you, maybe next time. Good luck in Vegas!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 03-08-2018, 03:07 PM
BRracing
Former Vendor

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

We provide full support and transport services.
We won the 2016 championships (Both GT3 and GT4) and have been involved with them for about 8 years.
Give me a call if you desire or send me a email.
brracing@gmail.com

Robb
Old 03-08-2018, 07:55 PM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 37 Posts

Loren Beggs and 911 Design will almost certainly be out there. Probably worth giving them a call as well.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:45 PM
trader247
Instructor

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Sorry we couldn't do it for you, maybe next time. Good luck in Vegas!
Thanks James. I know you have a big team for PWC. Great luck this season. Maybe I will join you next season

Originally Posted by BRracing
We provide full support and transport services.
We won the 2016 championships (Both GT3 and GT4) and have been involved with them for about 8 years.
Give me a call if you desire or send me a email.
brracing@gmail.com

Robb

Robb. Good talking with you.

Originally Posted by mehoff
Loren Beggs and 911 Design will almost certainly be out there. Probably worth giving them a call as well.
I have see Loren at the POC events, will stop by and say hello for sure.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:08 AM
trader247
Instructor

I am set for Vegas......My normal support "Dan at Sped Gallery" will be there for the POC event same track/same weekend.

For anyone contemplating support options, you can PM me.

This will be my first Pirelli Cup race and I am very excited. But on the other hand, I am a bit disconcerted.

These are factory race cars based on the GT3. They are NOT very complicated. I have run my car 40ish times in the last 9 months since I got the Cup. In addition, I have run an open Cockpit high down-force car many more times.

I can say with certainty that there will be many on this board that say you have to do this and spend this much to race. This is a spec series and that is NOT the case.

Does it cost money to buy tires and run a Cup? Yes. Does it need to cost 6 figures? NO.

I can't believe, well yes I can. The number of team operators looking for 15-25k for a race weekend. That is WITHOUT tires and entry fees. So call it 25-30k to run with a team. That is freakin crazy

I still look at a check when I write it, I love racing just like all of you. I love racing so much, I got a membership at Spring Mount and moved to Vegas to be close to my track.

Anyone would wants to race Pirelli Cup should be able to to it with new tires, entry fees, transport, etc for 10K, NOT 25-30K.

You can also go POC and cut that number to 5k with one set of tires.,

Anyways, just venting. Let me know if anyone has any questions,. I am sick of the overpriced BS and am happy to share my experience on how to do this right. PM direct and any questions or comments,

By the way, I have a garage and membership at Spring Mountain (outside of Vegas). Anyone that wants to meet, drive and check out the track, PM me and I will hook you up.

Be Safe,

Chris
Old 03-14-2018, 02:53 AM
MikeGT
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm with you Chris. I've been running my Cup for over 2 years (about 65 hours on the last download). My track support consists of me and my trailer. I change my own tires, settings, and can even make my own lunch.

However, for anyone who likes to keep their hands clean, I highly recommend Lauren at 911 Design. He's been doin' it a long time and knows his stuff when it comes to cup cars. However, if you're really just looking for a tent and basic help for a few bucks, PM me for some options.

Mike

Quick Reply: Who is Racing West Coast Pirelli Trophy Cup Support Needed