Sponsored by:

Looking for sport-tex seat reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 11:18 AM
lajoiedp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for sport-tex seat reviews

I'm considering ordering a 718 with sport-tex seats. Looking for feedback from those who currently have them.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by lajoiedp
I'm considering ordering a 718 with sport-tex seats. Looking for feedback from those who currently have them.
Hello,

I don't own one but I have driven it for the weekend and I found it comfortable and at the same time "sporty enough". It´s an improvement over the 997 sport seats if you use the car on a daily basis.

My 2 c
Old 07-07-2017, 09:04 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have my 2018/718 yet but I was going to go for the Sports-Tex but switched to Chalk colored leather for three reasons: I wanted seat ventilation, the Sports-Tex material would stain more readily, and the wear on fabric would be greater. I read extensively about the fabric verses leather option and leather seemed like the best choice for me. One other consideration was what my SA said....basically the Sports-Tex interior may make the car more difficult to sell.....though, I am not sure if that is valid.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:32 AM
lajoiedp
Instructor

Since I haven't heard from anyone who actually purchased the Sport-Tex seats it appears it's not a very popular option.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Since I haven't heard from anyone who actually purchased the Sport-Tex seats it appears it's not a very popular option.
Check out this video by Nick Murray....he has the Sport-Tex interior on his 991.2/Carrera 4s. His review of the Sport-Tex interior starts at 4:48 in the video linked below:

Old 07-11-2017, 11:30 AM
lajoiedp
Instructor

Yes, I saw that 6 months ago. I was trying to find a Cayman owner who purchased them.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:32 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Yes, I saw that 6 months ago. I was trying to find a Cayman owner who purchased them.
I read an expert on furniture who is also a Porsche owner and he exhaustively compared leather and fabric and in terms of durability and staining characteristics and he came down decisively in favor of leather. Plus I don't know how important seat ventilation is but those that have it say once you try it you will never go back.......living in Texas I want it......big issue for me.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:16 PM
caysraff
AutoX

I have the exact same interior as shown in the Youtube video above. Very pleased with the seats in about 5 months of ownership so far. It color matches perfectly with the Graphite Blue exterior and the seats are easy to maintain.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:33 PM
lajoiedp
Instructor

Originally Posted by caysraff
I have the exact same interior as shown in the Youtube video above. Very pleased with the seats in about 5 months of ownership so far. It color matches perfectly with the Graphite Blue exterior and the seats are easy to maintain.

Do you have any complaints at all about the seats? Any staining issues? Did you order them heated, as I was wondering if that was even necessary with those seats?

I actually saw the sport-tex seats 2 weeks ago at a local dealer. I liked them a lot, however I determined I really didn't care for the Graphite Blue exterior. It's the 2nd time a saw a Graphite Blue Cayman in person and although I love the color when it's in the shade (and appears darker) I don't care for it when it's in the sun (and appears lighter).

While I was at the dealer I saw a Cayman in GT Silver and loved it. Although I used to think the Graphite Blue/Chalk sport-tex seats would only go with the Graphite Blue exterior I think it might also go great with the GT Sliver exterior as well, as that color has a blue tint to it.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:56 PM
caysraff
AutoX

Do you have any complaints at all about the seats? Any staining issues? Did you order them heated, as I was wondering if that was even necessary with those seats?
No complaints, very satisfied with it so far. I am a little OCD about interior/exterior but it's been very easy to clean, condition, etc. No stains so far.

I did not get the heated/ventilated option as I didn't feel it was necessary. The surface doesn't get hot/cold as leather would.

Haven't seen this interior in other colors so hard for me to comment on that. I am sure it would look nice on Silver as well.

Good luck!
Old 11-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Mark993TT
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Sat in a brand new 991.2 turbo today. With the black leather/sport-tex seats. Looked really nice, felt comfortable although it was just a short “sit down”.

Any more owner/user experiences with these seats? Pro’s are imho the look, de standard deviated stitching (at least on the GTS), comfort, ... but any downsides or negatives?
Old 12-05-2017, 05:02 PM
CAYGTS
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport-Tex Black Fabric

Can anyone source Original Porsche Sport-Tex Black Fabric ... by the Metre / Yard ?

Perhaps a Trimmer in Germany ??
Thanks
Old 03-15-2018, 04:05 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by CAYGTS
Can anyone source Original Porsche Sport-Tex Black Fabric ... by the Metre / Yard ?

Perhaps a Trimmer in Germany ??
Thanks
I was wondering the same thing.
Any sources for this?

Quick Reply: Looking for sport-tex seat reviews