Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Krackin
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts?

Test drove 09 Cayman S, stock with new tires and alignment. Vehicle was fun to drive with 47900 miles and the dealer wants 41090.00. It's not that I don't have the means to afford it, however, I like to squeeze as much as possible.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:52 PM
TonyHNY
4th Gear

What are the options on this car?
Old 05-19-2017, 06:53 PM
Krackin
AutoX

Originally Posted by TonyHNY
What are the options on this car?
NAVIGATION / GPS, Bose, LEATHER, and NON SMOKER VEHICLE!!. Gasoline! Hold on to your seats! Tired of the same dull drive? Well change up things with this fantastic-looking 2009 Porsche Cayman. Consumer Guide named the Cayman a 2009 Recommended Premium Sporty/Performance Car! This car has forever ahead of it with plenty of space still left on the odometer. Niello Audi Is known for it's quality Pre-owned vehicles and for more quality vehicles.

Additional Information
4-Wheel Disc Brakes,9 Speakers,ABS brakes,AM/FM radio,Air Conditioning,Alloy wheels,Bose,Brake assist,Bumpers: body-color,CD player,CDR-30 AM/FM/CD Radio,Driver door bin,Driver vanity mirror,Dual front impact airbags,Dual front side impact airbags,Electronic Stability Control,Four wheel independent suspension,Front Bucket Seats,Front Center Armrest,Front anti-roll bar,Front fog lights,Front reading lights,Garage door transmitter: HomeLink,Heated door mirrors,Illuminated entry,LEATHER,Leather Seat Trim,Leather Shift ****,Leather steering wheel,Low tire pressure warning,MP3 decoder,NAVIGATION / GPS,NON SMOKER VEHICLE!!,Occupant sensing airbag,Outside temperature display,Overhead airbag,Passenger cancellable airbag,Passenger door bin,Passenger vanity mirror,Power door mirrors,Power driver seat,Power passenger seat,Power steering,Power windows,RWD,Radio data system,Rear anti-roll bar,Rear fog lights,Rear window defroster,Remote keyless entry,Security system,Speed control,Speed-sensing steering,Spoiler,Tachometer,Telescoping steering wheel,Tilt steering wheel,Traction control,Trip computer,Variably intermittent wipers
Old 05-19-2017, 07:26 PM
TonyHNY
4th Gear

I don't see any premium options on this model. On a quick glance, I saw some 2014 models same mileage for 42K CPO.... Are you looking at this one from Neillo Audi?
http://audi.niello.com/used/Porsche/...cc40d1b012.htm
Old 05-19-2017, 07:58 PM
Krackin
AutoX

I don't see any premium options on this model. On a quick glance, I saw some 2014 models same mileage for 42K CPO.... Are you looking at this one from Neillo Audi?
http://audi.niello.com/used/Porsche/...cc40d1b012.htm
Yep
Old 05-23-2017, 08:43 AM
TonyHNY
4th Gear

This was what I was contemplating about when I bought mine last October... I like a CPO. It is just some peace of mind not knowing anything about my last driver... Then I wanted the sports chrono package. I found a 2014 used with only 4500 miles and busted my budget by over 15K. When it came time to negotiate pricing, it was only by 1K. These used cars move in and out of the inventory very fast.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:39 AM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 337 Posts

I like a CPO. It is just some peace of mind...
+1

I purchased a 2014 CPO car. In my simple mind, the CPO status and warranty negated the need to have a PPI done, which was a bonus both financially and time-wise.

I have my independent garage do the service that I have to pay for. That way, they can tell me if there's an issue that the dealer should address under warranty without me being dependent upon the dealer's service department to be forthcoming.

CPO cars usually do move pretty quickly, but if you can find one that has been on the lot for longer than usual, you have a better chance of getting a good price on the car. My car rolled onto the lot in late November, sat through the long holiday season and into January, 58 days in all, before I bought it pretty deeply discounted.

Good luck with your search.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:54 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

This car? WP0AB29869U780451

Looks like they dropped the price to $37,500 without CPO... CPO usually runs a dealer about $3K so maybe they would do it CPO at $40K for you?

Looks like a ok build if you are looking for a PDK car. No sport chrono, which IMHO is a must-have with PDK as it sharpens up the shift points dramatically, but you can add it for about $1K. No PASM, no sport exhaust, no full leather. Does have upgraded wheels...

Clean carfax, but multiple owners.

If it's local and you like the car, definitely not a bad deal. It's a bit of a sellers market right now, nice cars go quickly!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Thoughts?