Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987 Cayman with PCCB Winter Wheels/Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 11:27 AM
matthew_brady
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 987 Cayman with PCCB Winter Wheels/Tires

I have an 06 Cayman S with PCCBs and I am trying to figure out how to go about putting winter tires on it. I have done a few searches with no real results as to a viable solution.

Is anyone else in a similar situation where they have 19" wheels and PCCBs and need winter tires? If so, what do you do for wheels and what tires do you get? It looks like there aren't any winter tires available on Tire Rack that fit the standard 19" rims...

I have no problem changing to a smaller wheel size (18") but I don't know that 18s would fit over the PCCBs.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by matthew_brady
I have an 06 Cayman S with PCCBs and I am trying to figure out how to go about putting winter tires on it. I have done a few searches with no real results as to a viable solution.

Is anyone else in a similar situation where they have 19" wheels and PCCBs and need winter tires? If so, what do you do for wheels and what tires do you get? It looks like there aren't any winter tires available on Tire Rack that fit the standard 19" rims...

I have no problem changing to a smaller wheel size (18") but I don't know that 18s would fit over the PCCBs.
Apparently TireRack offers both 18" and 19" wheel and tire packages for your car.

Probably best to get the 18" wheel/tire package as smaller (read narrower) tires are better in the snow.

You could get the 19" tires but you'd have to have the summer tires removed and the winter tires installed and summer/high performance tires don't "like" to be removed/installed.

Anyhow, here's a link you might find of some value.

https://www.tirerack.com/snow/Winter...Standard+Model
Old 04-20-2017, 09:19 PM
matthew_brady
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
Apparently TireRack offers both 18" and 19" wheel and tire packages for your car.

Probably best to get the 18" wheel/tire package as smaller (read narrower) tires are better in the snow.

You could get the 19" tires but you'd have to have the summer tires removed and the winter tires installed and summer/high performance tires don't "like" to be removed/installed.

Anyhow, here's a link you might find of some value.

https://www.tirerack.com/snow/Winter...Standard+Model
So it looks like there is an 18" option that is available, but no options in 19" when you click the link. My fear is that 18" wheels won't fit around the PCCB calipers, despite what Tire Rack is claiming...

Has anyone put 18" wheels on a Cayman with PCCBs? If so, what size/offset? This would probably be the best option if it is possible.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:15 AM
MrSlacker
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Find someone local with 18" Cayman S wheels and ask them to swap it to see how it fits...

Quick Reply: 987 Cayman with PCCB Winter Wheels/Tires