Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, I've done it again!

Old 04-14-2017, 08:11 PM
Terry T.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well, I've done it again!

About a year and a half into my ownership of my 2009 Cayman S, I've turned what was a lovely street car into a gnarly track rat. Or, as my wife tells it, I've "ruined another one." She's right--this was a high-option car, with Bose (taken out), the zillion-way adjustable adaptive sport seats (same) and a leather dash and door panels (still there).

My car is pretty much maxed out as far as bolt-on mods are concerned: OS Giken LSD, PSS9s, Tarrett sways, RSS lower control arms and bump steer kit, Girodiscs, GT3 brake master cylinder, Softronics tune, ipd plenum with GT3 throttle body, Billy Boat exhaust, Numeric shifter cables, Shift-rite shifter bushing kit, Cantrell roll bar, OMP seats, Schroth harnesses, OZ Allegerita wheels, Performance Friction 08 brake pads, Nitto NT01's, Raid steering wheel, and probably some stuff I've forgotten. The only bolt-on I haven't done yet is headers.

I love the Cayman on the street, so I really ought to have two of them--my track rat, as well as a nice base Cayman, which has plenty of power of street driving. Or perhaps even a Boxster, for the two or three weeks a year it isn't raining in Seattle.

Unfortunately, I was born handsome, not rich, so that idea has to wait . . . in the meantime, I intend to have lots of fun on track this summer.

Terry
Old 04-15-2017, 01:31 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 33 Posts

We need pics.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:54 AM
fnel1771
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've done much the same to my Cayman. My wife made the same comments as yours! There must be a wifelist.com where they chat with each other ��
Old 04-15-2017, 06:52 PM
Terry T.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wifelist.com--brilliant!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Well, I've done it again!