Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman GTS Xpel Ultimate and CQuartz Finest installation @ Shine Auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 06:30 PM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman GTS Xpel Ultimate and CQuartz Finest installation @ Shine Auto

Our customer purchased a 16' Porsche Cayman GTS wanting to protect and keep his new car looking just like it did when he drove it off of the showroom floor. We recommended going with XPEL Ultimate self healing paint protection film on the front end to protect the car from the everyday hazards of driving. To keep the car looking like it did the day he purchased it, we performed a New Car Prep and applied CQuartz Finest ceramic paint coating to the entire car. He also wanted to make a few changes to the Cayman that we were more than happy to do for him!
These changes included window tint, Rennline mesh grill kit and AWE Tuning wind deflectors.

Take a look at the Cayman before it had the mesh grilles installed.

Parts before being installed! Some of you may be wondering, why there is a blow pop included with the wind deflectors? Well, the story behind it is these deflectors are so easy to install, you should be able to install these before you get to the gum in the center of the blow pop.

What a huge difference! The grilles and deflectors are now installed.

After we installed all of the aesthetic parts, we proceeded with the Xpel and Cquartz Finest process. First we performed our New Car Prep on the parts of the vehicle which were receiving Xpel Ultimate clear bra. The clear bra was then installed on the front bumper, full hood, full fenders, side mirrors and rocker panels. Now that the Xpel has been installed, we can proceed with the rest of the polishing process on the Cayman. Polishing the vehicle before applying any ceramic coatings is very important! This evens out the clear coat, decontaminates the paint and gets rid of those pestering swirl marks/light scratches. Now that the Cayman GTS has a mirror like finish, we can finally apply the CQuartz Finest ceramic paint coating!

Here is the final product!

Old 03-14-2017, 07:12 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Very nicely done! Any int pix?
Old 03-15-2017, 10:49 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Old 03-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Yogi911
Racer

How much did all of that cost if you dont mind sharing?
Old 03-21-2017, 10:29 AM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Originally Posted by Yogi911
How much did all of that cost if you dont mind sharing?
Roughly $3,600 for Xpel, CQuartz Finest coating, Tint and installation of aftermarket parts.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

What brand of grill mesh? And wind deflectors?

Looks great!
Old 03-21-2017, 12:27 PM
Yogi911
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
What brand of grill mesh? And wind deflectors? Looks great!
Says in original post....

"Rennline mesh grill kit and AWE Tuning wind deflectors."
Old 03-25-2017, 06:39 PM
andy7777
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 138 Posts

Bill S, love your tag lines.

Dunno about the quartz stuff, how is it better than a good hard wax? Honestly, I see this and don't see a difference. XPel is nice stuff though, seems to work well. I put some on the nose and rockers of my CGTS and after a few track days all seemed fine.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 PM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Default CQuartz vs. wax

Originally Posted by andy7777
Bill S, love your tag lines.

Dunno about the quartz stuff, how is it better than a good hard wax? Honestly, I see this and don't see a difference. XPel is nice stuff though, seems to work well. I put some on the nose and rockers of my CGTS and after a few track days all seemed fine.
There are quite a few differences between a wax and CQuartz Finest ceramic paint coating. One being the longevity of the product. A normal wax will last a couple of months while the CQuartz ceramic coating will last years. I have it on my personal vehicle and thought the same as you. After I have washed my vehicle numerous times, having the CQuartz applied I now see the benefits of having it on my vehicle. It is easier to maintain, retains a high gloss finish after each wash with no wax and it saves me countless hours washing my vehicle every few weeks.

Quick Reply: Cayman GTS Xpel Ultimate and CQuartz Finest installation @ Shine Auto