Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help pricing first Porsche - 2014 Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 01:47 PM
berk_iz
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help pricing first Porsche - 2014 Cayman

Hi All,

I am very new to the community, and just at the point in my life where I can contemplate actually buying a Porsche and not just keep dreaming about one. since I have always considered buying one a distant dream until now, I have very little experience and insight into buying, negotiating, and pricing one - especially when it comes to a used one.

I started looking very recently, and found a potential candidate. The details are below. I was hoping to get some feedback from folks who are much more knowledgeable than me in this matter. Here are the details:

2014 Cayman S
  • Private seller in North Carolina
  • White with Luxor Beige interior
  • 15,000 miles
  • Warranty will be up before the end of this year.
  • Bi-Xenon headlights with PDL, Bose Surrund Sound,
  • 14-way power seats and Premium Package
  • Original MSRP with the options and destination charge was $69,000.

The owner is asking $51,000 for it. I have recently become a member of the Hurricane region PCA. One of the members there who has been in the community for a long time suggested that I can probably negotiate the price down by several thousand. I am already a risk-averse person, and in completely new territory, so I am quite concerned about the very little warranty left on the car. (I am also not too keen on the Luxor Beige interior, but I am trying to convince myself I can learn to live with it).

My questions are:
  1. How much can I expect to negotiate? What should I offer, and how much should my limit be?
  2. What do you think about it in general? Any opinion or feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

Berk Iz

Quick Reply: Help pricing first Porsche - 2014 Cayman