Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Porsche - Noob Cayman Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Max Kozak
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Porsche - Noob Cayman Questions

Hello everyone,

I am actively looking for my first Porsche. I have started to look for 06-08 Cayman/S. ($25k-27k) I have been reading a lot but still have not found an answer to a couple questions and I was hoping that you might be able to help me out.

I have found a lot of these with 70K+ mileage. Does anyone have an experience with these cars at higher mileage? Does maintenance get particularly pricey or more frequent?

This will be a daily driver but not so much on the weekdays. (I walk to work) I am also 6'4 and have only test driven one for a short time. What do taller people think about longer trips in this car?

What is your "average" yearly maintenance cost?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Sawborg
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought my '07 Cayman with about 85K miles. Big ticket items will need to be serviced/replaced around this time frame. Maintenance is a bit pricey if taken to the dealer but a local indy shop may help reduce costs a bit. Considering it's a P-car, parts will be a bit more expensive.

Don't have an "average" yearly maintenance cost since I've owned it less than a year and it isn't my daily driver. It's a weekend/track toy that will barely see any miles throughout the year.

If you do a search, you'll be able to find more info from other owners here and on Planet9.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:22 PM
Max Kozak
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I didnt know about Planet9. I will look over there too.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:19 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out some You Tubers such as Burner's Cars and Cars+Raf. I like these guys. Maybe they'll be able to offer some bits of advice. Youtube is the new PBS.

Quick Reply: First Porsche - Noob Cayman Questions