Originally Posted by jcorderojr
Hello New to the forum. Is the car you bought the 2014 S Agate?
How was your experience with Bristow?
He has been recommended to me but I have not used him.
How detailed was his PPI? Cost?
Thaxs in advance
No, a white 2014 S with agate/pebble interior.
The car hasn't delivered yet so I can't verify if there are things that I would have expected them to notice that wasn't reported or anything like that, but my honest opinion:
1. They were very nice and had a nice conversation about the car with me after.
2. Noticed some small things like some brake fluid residue on a bleeder, and a scuff on the seat bolster
3. Were easy to schedule time-wise
4. Supposedly is a 1-2 hour inspection and costs $200 (2 hours of labor), which I guess is not horrible though it's a little more than I'm used to paying.
5. They don't have the equipment to do the computer readout for overrev counts and such like that. Luckily mine is a dealer CPO car so I could get that from the dealer, however I would've been pretty annoyed if this was a private party sale.
6. The report is just basically a receipt with any flaws jotted down on it. Not a report of what they checked or anything, I guess I kind of came away with a feeling of $200 to find a couple small things and not a great idea of what other things they looked for, so it is all on trust.
I think for older vehicles they are probably great, for the newer cars with more technology maybe not. I'm mostly satisfied (pending actually seeing the car) that I had someone besides the seller look at it and give me good news, though.
Welcome to Rennlist!