Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Pics) Just bought a 2007 Porsche Cayman Vinyl Wrapped, need advice on HID kits?

Old 11-01-2016, 04:04 PM
hawk362
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Pics) Just bought a 2007 Porsche Cayman Vinyl Wrapped, need advice on HID kits?

Hi everyone, first I'd like to say this car has been a dream to drive, really one of a kind, first Porsche I have ever owned. The car in my eyes is perfect and really the only thing I would like to do is get the headlights to be brighter. My thoughts were either HID kit or LED kit, however after digging through pages of forums, I see a lot of people having issues or codes thrown on the dash from these kits, or the only post is how they just bought a kit and it works fine, however no long term comments on the durability and reliability..

My question is has anyone made this upgrade on a 2006-2008 Cayman without any issues, such as having to go to dealer to disable codes, bulbs going out often, etc. Anyone have a positive long term experience with their kit, and if so which do you have? I am hoping their is a cost effective kit out there versus going to the dealership to get this upgrade.

Thank you!!!

Last edited by hawk362; 06-26-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Jack-Porsche
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Super nice....No help for you on the headlights, just wanted to compliment the car. I also have a 2007 Cayman...great car!
I really like the unique look of yours....the wrap appears to be well done. Black hood would look nice with the white, but overall this is a great looking car. Enjoy !!
Old 11-02-2016, 01:00 PM
hawk362
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the compliment, much appreciated! Yes in the future I may have the hood changed to black, however I'll wait until some of the vinyl wrap needs fixing and do it all together. I love the red color on your Cayman as well, my favorite two colors are that and the yellow from the factory! Hopefully someone has some experience upgrading their headlights on this site unless there is a more visited forum for these cars I need to look for...
Old 02-18-2019, 05:50 PM
Edwin Seijsener
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Hawk I did have an upgrade to Xenon, your HID I think, but I kept having issues with the starters, every now and then the lights would flash very quickly and hardly visible but still, exchanged the lights and starters but problem remained.
this was with my 2005 Boxster, I personally never got it fixed properly.
now I have them stock in the Cayman, good luck, what wrap have you used 3m?
Eddy
Old 02-18-2019, 06:34 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats, enjoy in good health!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: (Pics) Just bought a 2007 Porsche Cayman Vinyl Wrapped, need advice on HID kits?