Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will I fit into the car? I'm 6'4", 36" inseam, 37" sleeves if it helps approximate.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 10:00 AM
igorxxx
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think getting in and out is the biggest problem. It can get irritating after a while.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 PM
rusnak
I haddah Google dat
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokayman
Long distance cruising or "Grand Touring" is the 911s forte compared to the mid-engine cars.
My wife and I have road-trip vacationed in our 996 twice and in our 987 Boxster twice and we recall the 996 as being the best car for that duty. Partly due to the additional cabin room, and also due to the heavier, more stable, insulated ride that it gave.
But if I still had both cars in the garage, I would choose the Boxster (or my Cayman) for a quick trip to work, the store, or a run in the hills more often than the 996 because the mid-engine cars are more agile, engaging, intimate, etc.
Thank you for that. I can not agree with you more. I think the 911 has always been a GT car, from the very first one to current day. The Cayman S is clearly not a GT car, but more of a sprinter. It reminded me a lot of my 914-6 on initial turn-in when I first drove it.

Quick Reply: Will I fit into the car? I'm 6'4", 36" inseam, 37" sleeves if it helps approximate.