Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rim Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 09:29 PM
schweez
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Rim Swap

Excuse me if this is the wrong discussion board or thread to post this but it has been some time since I’ve posted (or been on this forum for that matter).

So I recently traded in my 2014 Lotus Evora S for a 2016 Cayman GTS. White with PTV and Sport Suspension. Once I heard that they were getting rid of the flat six for a turbo -- I jumped on an opportunity (plus I wanted the sport suspension which was tough to find).

Any who – I have the car and love it. But there are a few things I’d like to get done. The car came with the Carrera III wheels in black with the silver lining. They look good but I actually prefer the straight silver finish (same rim). Porsche would not swap the rims even though mine are a more expensive option.

They suggested Wheel Enhancement out here in Los Angeles. W.E. have been great about my options but unfortunately it would be about $4000 to have them swap the rim for a new oem silver finish. Or a new set would be like $7k. The other option is to refinish the rim for much cheaper. That is what I plan on doing unless there is someone in the SoCal area who is interested in swapping their silver finished wheel for my black ones. They’d have to be in excellent condition. My car has approximately 450 miles. I will pay the cost of having them switched (I will keep my new tires!). Please reply back or PM if interested.
Attached Images   

Last edited by schweez; 10-01-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

If you are having trouble finding a swap and need those wheels refinished feel free to let us know.

We can rack your car in side our shop while the work is being performed.

PM me for more information...

REFINISHING

Quick Reply: Rim Swap