Sponsored by:

PASM or PASM sport for my case?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 01:21 PM
zordinary
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PASM or PASM sport for my case?

First time on this forum, hope to get some friendly opinions!
Story:
finally made some money in my life, so I decided to purchase a cayman S 2017 despite the downsized (or right sized whatever) engine sound ( i don't mind it personally, the driving experience on test drive felt amazing on a demo that didnt even have PASM or PTV, I'm assuming it feels even more firm with them), a lot of ppl have told me i would be just as happy with a base model and save some money (since I'm pretty young right now), but i feel like if I'm buying a Porsche, might as well get a S (and yes a 911 is out of my budget)

so on my performance side I've decided these options, and i heavily debating between a PASM or SPASM but can't decide:

-normal sports seats, did not like sport seat plus, just wasn't comfortable, I'm a pretty tall guy, and i drive underhand during slow local or traffic, but the plus seats block my elbow from dropping which irritates me.

-Lane change assist

-NOT SURE if i want PAS, is it that much safer? or its kinda just whatevers.

- PASM or SPASM

-PTV for sure, i hear it helps a little bit in the winter, i live in toronto with decent or even heavy winter sometimes, tho roads are usually salted and cleaned. (and yes i will drive this in winter, don't have winter beater or another car personally, dealership has told me its okay and the salt shouldn't do any damage either, but idk if thats just marketing or real.)

My concern/ thoughts:

PASM and SPASM both drop the car height. PASM only 10mm so doesn't sound too bad but SPASM drop a whole 20mm. many roads that i drive have very steep sewage sinks that dents the road in a bit and I'm afraid of scratching or denting the car if i get a SPASM.
SPASM is only 300 dollars more roughly, so i want to get this and also because i want the car to feel very sporty despite not tracking it. However is that realistic ? PASM i hear is more comfortable, and is more than enough if you do not track. But then at the same time i hear SPASM is still more comfy on normal mode than no PASM options. And i barely minded the no PASM boxster S that i drove. Any opinions?
Old 09-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

If you're thinking 718, definitely get the S model. PASM vs. SPASM, totally a personal decision re: how sporty you want it and how dropped you want the look. I wouldn't worry all that much about the PASM car not being sporty enough though. Even the standard suspension in these cars is pretty sporty, though with the base suspension you get the 4x4 look.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:42 PM
zordinary
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I want the car to be sporty enough to be fun and while wont track it, i will still drive it down empty roads and out the city on twisties. Ive heard that the normal PASM is more comfy than no PASM, and the SPASM is also more comfy than no PASM, but less comfy than standard PASM. I just don't know if 20mm is too low for some daily roads ill drive thru :S the dealer says it shouldn't make any difference, but 2 cm seems like quite a drop

Quick Reply: PASM or PASM sport for my case?