Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts

share the source
Old 08-25-2016, 01:45 PM
Gear Rower
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
The wing attachment looks a bit awkward for just a bolt-on and drilled into the hatch. A friend of mine has this one that looks cleaner and costs less.
I would be interested in this wing for my 987.1 track car.
Please PM me the details.
Thanks!
Old 08-28-2016, 12:45 PM
nowakm99
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jonjmay
Guys I am sorry for my late reply. I have now set up our PayPal account and have the wing for sale that TAch showed pictures of. You can contact me at 954 931 0319 of at jonjmay@yahoo.com if interested. WE will have pictures available of our new GT4 style side scoops this week. Jon
LOL! It looks so "Fast & Furious". Love the Turbo S badge too.

Last edited by nowakm99; 08-28-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:51 PM
jonjmay
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suddenly realized that somehow the full rear picture somehow makes the tail look wider than it actually is. It is 54.5" which is only 3/4" longer than the GT4 tail per side. Here are three photos that provide more perspective. It is over 5" inside of the outer edge of the tail light. I will be selling for $875. The car is a TPC turbo with 428 hp at the rear wheels. Quaif differential, RS steering wheel and H&R suspension.
Attached Images    

Last edited by jonjmay; 08-28-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:26 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you stick the base part to the rear lid?
Old 09-02-2016, 07:20 PM
karatari
AutoX

I love this whole setup...saving my pennies!
Old 09-03-2016, 09:43 PM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

how do they attach?
Old 09-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts

Cool stuff. One thing to consider with the side scoops is that the function of the respective vents on a 987. On the 981 they were changed to both be intakes, and a scoop will aid with the "intaking"

On the 987 the driver's side vent is an intake, but on the passenger side it's an exhaust vent for the engine compartment. If you stand next to your car on a hot day when the fans come on you can feel them blowing air OUT of the right vent.

It may well be that while diving, forcing air into that vent will make sense, and while stopped, the scoop won't have much impact, but if the fans ever come on while under way, a scoop could be pushing air against the fans. Again, no idea if that would be a problem.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:17 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You are right about the function but it is definitely an intake not an exhaust site. There was a big forum on this back in 2006 and the factory definitely designed it and the intake scoop as an intake. Yes, when hot it does have a fan but it is an intake not an exhaust and these scoops are designed to help reduce temperature in the engine compartment. Jon 954 931 0319
can you point to a reference of the "forum" you mention? I'd be curious to read something on this.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:21 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts

You are right about the function but it is definitely an intake not an exhaust site. There was a big forum on this back in 2006 and the factory definitely designed it and the intake scoop as an intake. Yes, when hot it does have a fan but it is an intake not an exhaust and these scoops are designed to help reduce temperature in the engine compartment. Jon 954 931 0319
Hrm. I track my car, which means I spend a fair amount of time in the garage sitting next to the toasty car after it comes of the track, fans blowing away. They are blowing air OUT of that location. Maybe they are smart and change direction while under speed , or when the key is in the car??? It makes sense that while stationary they would want to vent off the top of the engine bay and not try to force hot air down and out the bottom. I'll try to take a video of it next time (in a couple of weeks).
Old 09-09-2016, 09:14 AM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
Hrm. I track my car, which means I spend a fair amount of time in the garage sitting next to the toasty car after it comes of the track, fans blowing away. They are blowing air OUT of that location. Maybe they are smart and change direction while under speed , or when the key is in the car??? It makes sense that while stationary they would want to vent off the top of the engine bay and not try to force hot air down and out the bottom. I'll try to take a video of it next time (in a couple of weeks).
In that case, it sounds like your fan is either broken or wired backwards. The fan should be blowing inward (pulling, not pushing). Is it possible you're feeling air cycling out from under the car while the fan is blowing?

When the car is off and the fan is off, it's not unusual to feel air coming out of the right-side intake. That's just natural air circulation, coming in from under the car, being heated by the engine and then escaping anywhere it can.

But, when the car is moving, those ports on the sides of the car are definitely intakes. And, the cooling fan on the right side should be wired to assist the natural intake by pulling air into the engine compartment. I've had two 987s prior to getting my GT4, and both of them would pull air into the engine compartment when the fan was running.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:53 PM
racer901
4th Gear

Default GT4 type wing on a 981 GTS

Hello All -

I purchased the GT4 wing from Jon at Composite Concepts. First off the wing arrived wrapped and packaged very well. It will not get damaged in shipping unless something really crazy happens. I have purchased quite a few carbon parts for lots of different cars and the carbon on the wing was excellent, perfect weave with no flaws. It's a very nice Carbon piece.

I installed the wing this weekend without issue in a couple of hours following the directions provide by Jon.

Everything went together without a hitch. I did deviate in only one aspect as I decided to attach the front mounts with rivnuts since I had the right sizes. I'm sure the supplied hardware would have worked just fine.

I am on the fence about painting the winglets body color white. A decision for another day. I will also get the new GT4 winglet design that Jon is manufacturing now.

Thanks to Composite Concepts and Jon for the great wing at very good price. I also have a GTR and a few others and you will not touch a wing of this quality for the price on those cars.

Here are a few pics of the car with the new wing.
Attached Images      
Old 08-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Paolo Rindone
7th Gear

Originally Posted by racer901
Hello All -

I purchased the GT4 wing from Jon at Composite Concepts. First off the wing arrived wrapped and packaged very well. It will not get damaged in shipping unless something really crazy happens. I have purchased quite a few carbon parts for lots of different cars and the carbon on the wing was excellent, perfect weave with no flaws. It's a very nice Carbon piece.

I installed the wing this weekend without issue in a couple of hours following the directions provide by Jon.

Everything went together without a hitch. I did deviate in only one aspect as I decided to attach the front mounts with rivnuts since I had the right sizes. I'm sure the supplied hardware would have worked just fine.

I am on the fence about painting the winglets body color white. A decision for another day. I will also get the new GT4 winglet design that Jon is manufacturing now.

Thanks to Composite Concepts and Jon for the great wing at very good price. I also have a GTR and a few others and you will not touch a wing of this quality for the price on those cars.

Here are a few pics of the car with the new wing.
Hi Possible to have one like this with shipping to Luxembourg for a Cayman R 987?

Thx
Old 10-02-2017, 12:47 PM
Brian C in Az
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-15-2017, 02:11 PM
TYoung337
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Composite Concepts GT4 Wing

I've also purchased the Composite Concepts GT4 Wing for my 987.1 race car and have nothing more to say than its the best wing for the money available! Install was straight forward and it honestly looks like the stock OEM wing from Porsche for a fraction of the actual cost. Jon was very professional to deal with, answered all my questions and shipped the same week it was ordered. No hesitation in recommending to anyone interested.

Quick Reply: GT4 wing for a 987