Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top controller kaput on 987.1 Boxster and windows won't come up

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 05:03 PM
rx7turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top controller kaput on 987.1 Boxster and windows won't come up

Just picked this thing up on Thursday, '05 Boxster S with 32k on it and it looks brand new.

However, this morning, I took it out for a while, got home and when I went to put the top up, it came up, but made all kinds of Godawful noises while doing it.

Now it says something about top controller failing and top not in position.

It's closed and will be alright until I can get it looked at but it will only bring the windows up about 75 percent due to this alarm.

The guy that takes care of all my vehicles will be here shortly and I need to find out if there is a way to get these windows up all the way so he can wash and wax it.

I have read the owners manual but can't find a reference to that. I even disconnected the battery to try and reset everything and the window originally went all the way up but as soon as that alarm came back, they dropped down.

HALP!
Old 06-26-2016, 01:37 PM
Difool
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 75 Posts

Sounds like a weak battery. Drop a set of jumpers on it and I bet both those problems go away.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:58 PM
rx7turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Difool
Sounds like a weak battery. Drop a set of jumpers on it and I bet both those problems go away.
Car running right now. 14.1 volts. Mechanism for top is making all kinds of popping noises and I get "top not in limit position" and window will go all the way down but only come up so far.

My main concern is getting windows up with top up. Weather very stormy here right now.

Car is in carport so no worry as long as it stays there but I am gonna have to get it to a shop to check out all the noises.

I even had to help the body flap/top cover get going, like it's stuck.

I am wondering if something doesn't need to be lubed. I hit what I could see with some Breakfree CLP since I could not find my WD40.

Quick Reply: Top controller kaput on 987.1 Boxster and windows won't come up