Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side fog light

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 07:41 PM
tda1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver side fog light

I am having an issue with my driver side fog light. The other day it was pointed out to me that it was out. I got a new bulb and plugged it in and nothing. Is there a fuse associated with the lights or am I going to need to look deeper for a solution?
Sorry for the dumb question I've only had the car for a few weeks
Old 06-03-2016, 03:57 AM
Spokayman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

tda1,
Are you speaking about a Cayman, and if so which generation? There are some differences between 987.1 and .2.
I cant tell from your post or your signature.
If it is a Cayman, I would start by removing the passenger side bulb and trying that in the drivers side to eliminate the possibility of a bad bulb or an incorrect bulb. You might check the bulb model numbers too.
I believe both fog lights would be on the same circuit.
You might also check for power to the bulb holder with a multi-meter, etc.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:03 PM
tda1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a 2007 S model. So what I discovered yesterday was that the right side bulb comes on when the headlights are on but the left does not. Only when you pull the **** out do BOTH lights light up. is that normal?
Old 06-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Spokayman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tda1
It's a 2007 S model. So what I discovered yesterday was that the right side bulb comes on when the headlights are on but the left does not. Only when you pull the **** out do BOTH lights light up. is that normal?
I don't currently have the stock foglight setup installed in my Cayman as I installed the LED spar modification that a guy back in Philly area designed and produced, so I cant go out and check the original function on my '06.
But I think the lamps may be dual filament and they light up when the headlights are on, and they light up brighter when the fog lamps are lit (by pulling out the ****).
If so, that points again to the possibility that you have the wrong bulb or a problem with the bulb housing.
Switching the known good bulb from the passenger side would be a good way to confirm whether it is the bulb.

Quick Reply: Driver side fog light