Sponsored by: APR

Cayman S or GT4 annual cost of maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Masayako
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman S or GT4 annual cost of maintenance

Thinking about getting a Cayman S or GT4 as my early retirement gift to myself. I am wondering what's the cost of maintenance annually? I will have a fixed income after retirement and want to make sure I can actually afford the maintenance cost comfortably.

Assuming I will change my own oil and fill the engine oil. Basic maintenance, I can certainly do it myself.

Thanks for your advice in advance!
Old 05-30-2016, 02:54 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

For the GT4 annual maint is oil and filter change, cabin filter and some simple checks. Not too bad. Probably 400 at a dealer. Every second year add the air intake prefilter and flush brake fluid. Probably additional 200 at a dealer. Spark plugs change at 40k mi or 4 years, not sure of the cost (GT3 is about 800). And drive belt replace at 48k mi.

Also depends on mileage and use. A set of brake pads is about 570. DIY is possible but fiddly as the calipers have to come off to change pads. A big item is tires. A set of MPSC2 for a GT4 is about 2000. You could replace with a cheaper tire but seems out of character to me on a GT4. I got about 10k miles on these tires on a GT3 just street driving so maybe a bit more on a GT4. I don't expect more than 6 to 8 days max on track though making tires the biggest operating cost.

I would think a Cayman S would be similar but not much less. That's for a 981. Not sure about the new 718, don't know if intervals are changed for the turbo-4.

Also not sure of the GT4 market at the moment. I think production is about to wrap. Maybe used ones are going for MSRP by now. Not long ago most sellers were asking a premium. Best of luck in the search.

Quick Reply: Cayman S or GT4 annual cost of maintenance