Hot lap Nordschleife Porsche Cayman GT4 MR by Manthey Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 09:29 AM
G-Star
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot lap Nordschleife Porsche Cayman GT4 MR by Manthey Racing

Hey guys,

Manthey-Racing just released an upgrade package for the Cayman GT4.

Based on the street car, several performance upgrades increase the lap time on the Nürburgring Nordschleife for almost 12 seconds compared to the standard car.

Greetings Michael
Old 05-21-2016, 06:07 PM
ASM_GT4
Advanced

Wow this is amazing! shaving such time with only car setup. 7:29 with just 385hp!! and it is within Carrera GT and 991 GT3 zone .. what a machine.. I'm glad that you've released the upgraded LSD "final drive" .. hmmm , any idea how shorter the gears are after the LSD upgrade ?
Old 05-23-2016, 10:36 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by ASM_GT4
Wow this is amazing! shaving such time with only car setup. 7:29 with just 385hp!! and it is within Carrera GT and 991 GT3 zone .. what a machine.. I'm glad that you've released the upgraded LSD "final drive" .. hmmm , any idea how shorter the gears are after the LSD upgrade ?
Very nice run, but that's far from a stock car with a simple 'setup'.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:22 AM
ASM_GT4
Advanced

Hmmm, I think we are not far, My point is having such number without touching the engine bay or tuning the software is a great achievement.. They've mentioned the parts installed. a big list but stuffed with very minor parts. gearbox bushings, carbonhood, brake lines, brake pads... come on, all of those parts are just minor things that I consider within stock car zone. it is just necessary to keep the car within the perfect performance range as long as possible. but OEM brakes are well well made. not as crap as most other OEM brakes. Camber and Toe kits is also nothing far than stock, in fact PORSCHE provide the shims as an OEM spare parts. while Toe links required to avoid rear toe misallignment if you need to go above -1.5 .. yeah it makes a big differenec, but we all know it is a very simple thing to be done for any PORSCHE GT car that is factory ready for. So, the hero points are:

-KW Clubsport 3 way suspension (compression/rebound).

-LSD (shorter gear ratios "final drive" that PORSCHE made longer for a purpose, but if shorter means faster then it is obvious that this is porsche way to keep the GT4 slower than GT3.

-BBS FI-R wheels which are much lighter (7~8 lb each) .. thats rotational mass.

all of the above parts are the key points for the extra 13 sec in Nordschleife "setup + LSD + Wheels" .. then imagine a serious mod X51 kot that makes 415 WHP kit (+75 to the wheels!!) .. thats additional 5 ~8 sec in Nordschleife .. we will be within 7:23 .. does it sounds sense ? if not correct me.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:41 AM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 112 Posts

gt4 is the best modern pure sports car money can buy
Old 05-24-2016, 11:49 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Hmmm, I think we are not far, My point is having such number without touching the engine bay or tuning the software is a great achievement.. They've mentioned the parts installed. a big list but stuffed with very minor parts.
Minor parts? They've probably got $12-15k in modifications there, including Trofeo R tires. That's far from just a 'setup'. A setup is adjusting the settings on the car. What they've done is modified the car. Nothing wrong with that and still a terrific lap, but that's not a stock car with a few tweaks. It's a GT4 with modified suspension, differential, carbon bits, brake system parts and R compound competition tires. The tires alone were probably a meaningful percentage of the lap time delta.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:55 AM
ASM_GT4
Advanced

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Minor parts? They've probably got $12-15k in modifications there, including Trofeo R tires. That's far from just a 'setup'. A setup is adjusting the settings on the car. What they've done is modified the car. Nothing wrong with that and still a terrific lap, but that's not a stock car with a few tweaks. It's a GT4 with modified suspension, differential, carbon bits, brake system parts and R compound competition tires. The tires alone were probably a meaningful percentage of the lap time delta.
Dear, the GT4 comes with R compound tires as standard .. My GT4 came with Dunlop Sport MAXX R .. thats on par with Trofeo R.
Price of parts is not my subject. I can Buy Light Weigh Bucket seats with 16k$ price tag. I just want to highlight that without touching the engine bay they broke the 7:30 barrier .. just 385hp ! .. what a car ! .. any way, it is good that we all agree that the laptime is terrific
Old 05-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Dear, the GT4 comes with R compound tires as standard .. My GT4 came with Dunlop Sport MAXX R .. thats on par with Trofeo R.
Price of parts is not my subject. I can Buy Light Weigh Bucket seats with 16k$ price tag. I just want to highlight that without touching the engine bay they broke the 7:30 barrier .. just 385hp ! .. what a car ! .. any way, it is good that we all agree that the laptime is terrific
I'm aware of that, but why do you think they switched to Trofeo Rs? Because they're a faster tire. Don't last as long as the SC2, but they're a better tire if the goal is one fast lap.

And LWBs don't cut seconds off your lap time. $10,000 worth of suspension, braking and grip improvements do.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:32 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 75 Posts

The fun part about this car is that they wanted to do this lap last year. But then the GT4 was to new on market, hence Porsche Said no to put new diff on car etc, even manthey wanted to do so back in 2015. As we all know Porsche own 51% of manthey racing, thats reason it came now this lap. Also as I understand its Porsche development driver Lars Kern who drive the lap. Timo Kluck no more then as Lars Kern taken over I guess. Lars also set the new panamera ring record. And also put Porsche to win in 24h with manthey GT4 Clubsport ( also driving the GT4 in 24h victory was sport auto tester Christian G and christof at manthey )

This GT4 got my thinking, as my M4 GTS is late, might sell if if I miss summer with it anyway. Then do this kit from manthey to my GT4, could be a great thing to do...GT4 would be as fast as M4 GTS then👍

Quick Reply: Hot lap Nordschleife Porsche Cayman GT4 MR by Manthey Racing