Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clarification Please About PASM on 2015 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 07:19 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clarification Please About PASM on 2015 Cayman S

Recently acquired 2015 Cayman S with PDK, Sport Chrono and PASM and some other options. Porsche owners manual can be a bit confusing, but I thought I understood PASM settings until I read "selecting Sport mode changes shift points and engages firmer settings on PASM." I saw this when Googling PASM on some Porsche manual came up.

I had understood engaging Sport mode does not change PASM from "comfort" setting. Only when you select Sport Plus does PASM change to firmer setting.

So does Sport mode somehow change suspension settings via PASM so you get a firmer ride than you have in "comfort" mode on PASM when neither Sport nor Sport Plus is selected. Hard to tell from driving due to changing road condition so thought I would ask experts. The PASM light does not come on in Sport mode, but I wonder if PASM is either "on" (firm setting with light on) or "off" (comfort setting) or are there various settings PASM can take depending on whether you are in Sport or Sport Plus or in neither one. Thank you
Old 05-06-2016, 09:18 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

My owners manual does say Sport selection does not affect PASM setting, but the I-manual on Google does say "Sport mode also firms up suspension in PASM" which is why ,I asked question. I do understand option packages and functions change year to year and maybe even during a model year so probably need someone with 2015 Cayman S to relate their experience. Thank you
Old 05-06-2016, 09:29 PM
martyp
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IIRC selecting Sport Plus automatically turns on the "firm" mode in PASM. Plain ole Sport does not. FWIW I can feel a difference in the ride when the PASM "firm" is engaged. Supposedly when in Sport Plus you can select "comfort" by pressing the PASM button to disable "firm". But what do I know, I just drive and enjoy it
Old 05-07-2016, 09:14 PM
denniscasey
Instructor

martyp, took car out today under more controlled conditions and verified what my owner's manual said--maybe the website that said activating Sport also firmed up PASM really meant Sport Plus.

Quick Reply: Clarification Please About PASM on 2015 Cayman S