Free Build sheet from Vin# - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Free Build sheet from Vin#

Reply

Old 05-01-2016, 11:00 PM
  #46  
Georound
User
 
Georound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 249
Default Please help with Vin lookup

I am unable to get the link to work on iPad or laptop with recent IE.
May be settings or user error. I keep getting a blank page.

Would like to know in service date especially. If anyone can tell service history that would be awesome and worth a beer or two if in Los Angeles
Would someone try for vin WP0CB2A87DS133047

Thanks
Georound is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:31 PM
  #47  
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

 
Tom Tweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 709
Default

Originally Posted by Georound View Post
I am unable to get the link to work on iPad or laptop with recent IE.
May be settings or user error. I keep getting a blank page.

Would like to know in service date especially. If anyone can tell service history that would be awesome and worth a beer or two if in Los Angeles
Would someone try for vin WP0CB2A87DS133047
Worked for me. In-service date = 12/13/2012



TT
Tom Tweed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:02 AM
  #48  
amondc
User
 
amondc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 1,158
Default

I tried this one on my phone and it didn't work. Would someone mind giving it a try please.

https://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=WP0CA2981XU627520



amondc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 01:00 PM
  #49  
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

 
Tom Tweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 709
Default

Originally Posted by amondc View Post
I tried this one on my phone and it didn't work. Would someone mind giving it a try please.

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...CA2981XU627520
It says "This vehicle is not available."

TT
Tom Tweed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:48 PM
  #50  
amondc
User
 
amondc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 1,158
Default

Okay. Thanks for checking.
amondc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:56 PM
  #51  
TurboLove
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 13
Default

worked for me! Thanks for this great resource!
http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Porsche
TurboLove is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:46 PM
  #52  
rx7turbo
User
 
rx7turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 105
Default

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS View Post
Try this link, putting in your own VIN.

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...AD29P29LA60375

Remember, VINs are all upper case...
I stumbled across this while searching for something else and I gave your link a shot. The tab shows "2009 Porsche Cayenne" but the page is completely blank.

Tried it on Firefox and IE.

Any help?
rx7turbo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:25 PM
  #53  
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

 
Tom Tweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 709
Default

Originally Posted by rx7turbo View Post
I stumbled across this while searching for something else and I gave your link a shot. The tab shows "2009 Porsche Cayenne" but the page is completely blank.

Tried it on Firefox and IE.

Any help?
Do you have pop-up windows blocked? I haven't been there in awhile, but the last time I visited, this is how it worked: When you enter the link with a VIN, there is a blank page with a pop-up dialogue box asking if you want to print it. If you cancel the printing, then the build sheet appears on the page, and you can take a screen shot (I never print them myself). Turn off your pop-up blocker and it might work.

TT
Tom Tweed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:57 PM
  #54  
A432
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 431
Default

Originally Posted by rx7turbo View Post
I stumbled across this while searching for something else and I gave your link a shot. The tab shows "2009 Porsche Cayenne" but the page is completely blank.

Tried it on Firefox and IE.

Any help?
Originally Posted by Tom Tweed View Post
Do you have pop-up windows blocked? I haven't been there in awhile, but the last time I visited, this is how it worked: When you enter the link with a VIN, there is a blank page with a pop-up dialogue box asking if you want to print it. If you cancel the printing, then the build sheet appears on the page, and you can take a screen shot (I never print them myself). Turn off your pop-up blocker and it might work.

TT
The error is in the referenced link, it shows:

"http://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/details.php?vin=WP1AD29P29LA60375"

and it should be:

"https://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=WP1AD29P29LA60375"

Use the second format and it will work, obviously replacing that VIN with your own.
A432 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:39 PM
  #55  
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

 
Tom Tweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: La Jolla, CA
Posts: 709
Default

Originally Posted by A432 View Post
The error is in the referenced link, it shows:

"http://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/details.php?vin=WP1AD29P29LA60375"

and it should be:

"https://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=WP1AD29P29LA60375"

Use the second format and it will work, obviously replacing that VIN with your own.
Ah, you're right! I forgot that the original link posted was shut down and 09RedGTS updated it with a "print" link halfway through this thread that still worked. I went back and visited it again, and when you cancel the print dialogue box, another one comes up asking if you want to leave the page. You just say "no" to that and you're good.

TT
Tom Tweed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:41 PM
  #56  
rx7turbo
User
 
rx7turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 105
Default

Originally Posted by A432 View Post
The error is in the referenced link, it shows:

"http://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/details.php?vin=WP1AD29P29LA60375"

and it should be:

"https://admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=WP1AD29P29LA60375"

Use the second format and it will work, obviously replacing that VIN with your own.
Excellent! That did the trick.

Thank you very much.

ETA: Everything I have seen shows the "CD3" code for 18 inch wheels. Somewhere along the way, a previous owner put the 17s on it.

Jerk.
rx7turbo is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: