Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cayman S owner!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:31 AM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Cayman S owner!

Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2006 Cayman S as a daily driver and I am already blown away by the driving experience. I’ve had many sports cars in the past and I still own a Carrera 4, this Cayman S handles way better – the mid engine feel is amazing. I purchased the car from a reputable high-end used car dealer and it only had 4700 miles on it, so it’s like brand new.

I had a few nice surprises once I got it home. I noticed on my test drive that the exhaust was modified but when I got it home I saw that the previous owner installed a TUBI Exhaust system (2k+ I assume?). There was also an iPod mod done; they installed an FM modulator with a hidden toggle switch and routed the connector cables through the glove box, very clean install.

I look forward to many future posts!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,322 Likes on 1,395 Posts

I too am in the middle of a search for similar so am interested in price, options and if was P cert or other type warranty included in the deal. If don't care to post all that would be good for a PM. I've owned (own) other Porsche over the years but also like he mid layout. After all first P car was a new 914 back in my much younger days....
Old 09-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Own Goal
I too am in the middle of a search for similar so am interested in price, options and if was P cert or other type warranty included in the deal. If don't care to post all that would be good for a PM. I've owned (own) other Porsche over the years but also like he mid layout. After all first P car was a new 914 back in my much younger days....
I had a 914 as my first P car way back also
The Cayman S is a wonderful upgrade

That said I have 2006 "S" 6 sp, very heavily optioned, like new ,mint condition .... 10K miles.
Sadly for sale.
Pm me if you for details if you like.
Elliot
Attached Images        
Old 09-15-2011, 05:07 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbohead - I LOVE that color combination. Beautiful car.

Own Goal - Not certified and no warranty. The car only had 4700 miles on it when I bought it - like new... Heated seats, Bose stereo, manual 6 spd, silver instrument dials plus the stuff I mentioned in the first post. It was close to 38k and it was the cleanest example I could find.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,322 Likes on 1,395 Posts

Thanks Bayside. Part of my search is more or less setting the real sale price of these cars. Excellence has their used Porsche survey I was hoping to go by. Seems everyone private or dealer is way over the top on their initial ask. But like your final deal seems to bear out; the top price listed with a 10% premium for very low mileage cars is the real market. So, like they say in Excellence'"given very low mileage and condition of your car you did very well". The problem, for instance, is a local that has been listing on eBay back to back with an '06 S with rather basic build list, a bit under 10k miles and has passed on $37,500. Mistake. Or, a local leasing company with an '06 return basic '06 S asking $36k. It's maybe a $32k car, probably more like under 31.
For a DD and since I have my P car / track day etc. toy already I'm fine with up to 40K miles or so. But prefer P-Cert, for sure the must have recent major service has been done, records, all the keys, no mis match tires ( indicates lease car or not much interest by former owner ) and stuff like that. Again, thanks for the feedback. It helps define the search.

Quick Reply: New Cayman S owner!