Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman Warning Light Zanies

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Kman47
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman Warning Light Zanies

I just joined to be able to make this post. Please be patient. The instrument panel warning lights on my '07 Cayman have recently been acting like a Times Square sign. They light up randomly for no reason that I can discern. Some times just one; sometimes several at a time come on. The associated computer display shows too. Turning the engine off and restarting sometimes resets the system; sometimes not. If several lights are on, one or two may reset and others will not reset. The cruise control and speedometer frequently do not operate. It has gotten to the point where the System Fault light is almost always on. I plan to leave it with my friendly dealer for several days next week, but I am interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar problem and how it was resolved. I'm almost afraid of the answer. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Kman47
I just joined to be able to make this post. Please be patient. The instrument panel warning lights on my '07 Cayman have recently been acting like a Times Square sign. They light up randomly for no reason that I can discern. Some times just one; sometimes several at a time come on. The associated computer display shows too. Turning the engine off and restarting sometimes resets the system; sometimes not. If several lights are on, one or two may reset and others will not reset. The cruise control and speedometer frequently do not operate. It has gotten to the point where the System Fault light is almost always on. I plan to leave it with my friendly dealer for several days next week, but I am interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar problem and how it was resolved. I'm almost afraid of the answer. Thanks.
Could be any number of things, from a low/going bad battery, water in the cabin (drains stop up), or rodents in the car, some damaged wiring or of course a faulty instrument cluster controller.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Cayman Warning Light Zanies