Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Final Hours

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
KenneBraun
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The Final Hours

Hey all!

I originally started posting here last summer for advice on a 996 C4S, but after a long time thinking about it, reading posts here, and testdriving, I decided that the Cayman S was more of the car I was looking for.
I spent the past couple months looking for the perfect one and I think I found it! It's a 2007 Cobalt Blue Metallic Cayman S with Stone Grey interior
Manual transmission
PASM
Sports Chrono
19" Carrera Vintage Wheels (I think, they are the thin 5-spoke ones)
BOSE Premium Surround
Colored wheel crests

The car is Porsche Certified with about 34k miles on it. I bought it from Stoddard Porsche in Cleveland, OH.

I've been waiting patiently here in Albuquerque, NM for it to arrive and just got a call from the driver. They say it will be here in two and a half hours. I'm so stoked I'm shaking haha. Having trouble typing even.

I never thought I'd be owning a P-car by age 22, so I just have to say God has been very good to me and blessed me with an awesome job right out of college.

Anyways, I just wanted to share the joy I'm having now as I'm sure many of you know exactly how this feels
I will be sure to post pics once it gets here for you all to see.

These last couple hours are proving to be the WORST lol. I can't wait!!!!

Cheers!
Jeff
Old 01-09-2011, 06:45 PM
KS-CS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, we know your excitement. The cobalt blue is one of my favorite colors. I hope the weather is better there than it is here in Kansas right now (snowing), so that you can go out an enjoy a drive.

Be safe (remember that if it has summer tires, they are going to be a little slippy at temps less than 40F)
Old 01-09-2011, 06:54 PM
KenneBraun
Advanced

KS-CS, it's a little cold, but completely clear. I plan on taking it in the mountains nearby for a drive soon as it's crystal clear and the view goes on for miles. I'll definitely stay safe though! There is still some ice on the roads on overpasses and the like.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 PM
KenneBraun
Advanced

Just remembered, the wheels are called the Carrera Classic wheels.
Also, one option I forgot to mention: sports seats

=)
Old 01-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by KenneBraun
KS-CS, it's a little cold, but completely clear. I plan on taking it in the mountains nearby for a drive soon as it's crystal clear and the view goes on for miles. I'll definitely stay safe though! There is still some ice on the roads on overpasses and the like.
Be careful. As you know shaded roadway can have frost even ice on it.

Also winter tends to bring down the rocks.

We don't have snow here but winter rains we do have and a couple of winters ago I was driving my 06 GTO on a mountain road not too far from where I live and came up a rock (about the size of a soft ball) that the right front tire caught and the impact blew the side of the tire out.

On a drive -- in my Turbo -- on 50 highway in July of 09 across Nevada after a very uncharacteristic wet spring and summer (the desert was *green* still) I came upon a 19" TV size rock in the other lane in a blind corner.

Oh, and a few miles on down the road hit a frickin mule deer. I wasn't going fast at all either but the impact sure put a dent in my Turbo.

You can take your nice new car up in the mountains but be careful.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:01 AM
KenneBraun
Advanced

Yikes! That is never fun coming up on a rock around a corner like that.

Pics will come tomorrow. Too dark when she arrived =(
However, I LOVE driving this car!!!! I am having trouble getting out of it. I just want to keep driving
Old 01-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

How exciting! Let's see some pics and more first impressions! Congrats on your new ride!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:36 AM
KenneBraun
Advanced

First impressions are..... THIS CAR IS AWESOME!!!! I've driven/raced a number of cars in my life including Mustangs, Cobras, Mercedes CLKs, Panteras, and Murcielagos, but this car is the most nimble thing I've ever driven. Even more impressive is the incredible balance between comfort and performance. I don't know how Porsche did it, but somehow they managed to make a car that is super comfortable, practical, and extremely nimble and quick. This is by far the best balanced car (in terms of performance vs. luxury) I've ever driven.

As for pics, I have some crappy nighttime ones on my iPhone, but I want to get some better ones this weekend (especially since the car arrived a little dusty off the truck). I'll post some of the pics I took on Sunday anyways though since they are all I have atm.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:08 AM
KenneBraun
Advanced

First pic is the the first view I got of the car. Next is a close-up. Then the last is the view of her just before she was backed out of the trailer:
Attached Images    
Old 01-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Ooh that's so exciting!! Your impression is EXACTLY how I felt, and still feel, about the Cayman. It's just perfect! Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy it!!
Old 01-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrates.

Enjoy and welcome to the sickness.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:45 PM
KenneBraun
Advanced

Finally got some good pics, but they are on my friend's computer at the moment. Once I get them to my computer, I'll post them up!

Quick Reply: The Final Hours