Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old Member, New Cayman S!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:26 AM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome car, awesome color---Congratulations!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:53 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Thanks for the brake suggestions. The P.O. just put new EBS Yellow Stuff pads on them, which are supposed to be good for the track. I have no experience with them, so can't say for sure. I'll turn PSM off permanently if that's possible...going to talk with my shop about that.

I'm in the white (advanced) group, so I plan to rail on the car a bit. No R comps yet...I'll wait to learn the handling of the car better, so I won't mask it with sticky tires.

I hear that adding LSD is a good upgrade. Any experience with that? Before/after comments?
I have the factory LSD in my 2010 Cayman and it is OK, not as good as the Guard unit in my "SC" Interestingly the Cayman Interseries cars have gone from the factory unit to a guard LSD as it is stronger etc.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:37 AM
gmsracing
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Cool, thanks! I've heard of the hard left corner smoking issues. Very helpful info...thanks so much!

Hey, one other question: what is the ideal ride height or where could I find that? I did a search here but to no avail. The car has been lowered considerably, but the P.O. set the height for aethetics. It is likely too low, although I have not experienced any bump steer or other indicators. I cannot currently get into my driveway either...bit of a problem, that.
I called Bilstein when I was installing my coilovers and they suggested 25mm. If the car is lowered too much you also run into rear toe issues because there isn't enough adjustment on the ecentric bolt. My car is actually just out on the left rear toe and I could use use adjustable toe links. Passenger rear came in which is a bit odd!

Quick Reply: Old Member, New Cayman S!