Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing chronolyze.com - analyze your Sport Chrono files

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Chronolyze_Nik
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing chronolyze.com - analyze your Sport Chrono files

Dear Porsche-fans,

New member to this board, and hopefully bringing something new and exciting to many fellow drivers!

Do you drive a recent Cayman? Do you have the Sport Chrono option package? Then you probably know you can time your "laps". On the PCM you may then do some very limited analysis of your recordings, but that's about it...

When you extract the recordings from the PCM (through USB or Bluetooth), you'll find much more information: speed, RPM, g-forces, steering angle, ... The are "plain text" files however, and don't offer much else.

That's why I've made an online tool to manage and analyse these files. Here's what you can do:
- upload, organize and share your files (give comments, add ratings, ...)
- do a 3D analysis of your laps: play them back in animations and discover your driving performance!
- create graphs from all recorded data (and overlay graphs from multiple files)

Where to find us: http://www.chronolyze.com

The site is currently in its beta-testing phase, and I'm opening it now for users to try it out. Any feedback you have is highly appreciated! The help functionality is currently being built, so if there are any questions on the usage, please do let me know.

If you don't have any laps to add right now, you can still create an account and login: I've added 4 files (as "public files") recorded on the German autobahn, and one in the French Alps (yes, I took my 997 skiing!). You'll find them either in the Dashboard (select "Public Files") or in the "Files" tab -> "Public Files".

looking forward to hearing from you,
best regards,
Nik.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:57 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can your system scan /monitor basic engine data ? what i need is a system that will let me "break in" to the ECM and alter settings. this is for my NOS which is almost ready to go in but until i find a burglar to shut off the nannies i cant test ....09 cay/pdk
Old 04-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Chronolyze_Nik
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by extanker
can your system scan /monitor basic engine data ? what i need is a system that will let me "break in" to the ECM and alter settings. this is for my NOS which is almost ready to go in but until i find a burglar to shut off the nannies i cant test ....09 cay/pdk
Hi extanker,

sorry, can't help you there. My tool interprets and helps in analyzing the data available from the PCM. There is no change whatsoever involved to any of the programming of the car...

best regards,
Nik.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:24 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

tanks
Old 04-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Chronolyze_Nik
Former Vendor

Default Nurburgring Nordschleife laps added to chronolyze.com

Hi guys,

just a small update to what's been happening to the Chronolyze Sport Chrono analysis website. Some issues were fixed under the hood, thanks to a lot of great replies! I've also received a couple feature requests, some if which will definitely make it into the site!

I have also just added 2 new public recordings: laps on the Nurburgring Nordschleife, courtesy of Chronolyze member ir_fuel and his new GT3!!

Feel free to check them out, and I will also be adding a few laps from Belgium's famous Spa-Francorchamps racetrack later this week from a 997mk2 C4S.

As always, the address is: www.chronolyze.com

best regards,
Nik.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Ferdie
Advanced

Great idea! What are the future plans, if I may ask?
Old 04-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Chronolyze_Nik
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ferdie
Great idea! What are the future plans, if I may ask?
Hi Ferdie,

do you mean on the feature roadmap, or in general site ambition?

best regards,
Nik.

Quick Reply: Introducing chronolyze.com - analyze your Sport Chrono files