Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprint booster, who wants one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 04:28 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sprint booster, who wants one?

Any interest in a sprint booster, I've got one for 230 shipped if interested. Manual trans

Last edited by 993c2cab; 03-19-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:08 PM
gasman1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got one for sale for a AT/PDK for $200 incl. shipping!
Old 04-01-2010, 11:58 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

How effectively does it work? The delay in throttle, especially after I come off of it, is really bugging me.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:21 AM
gasman1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The throttle response both on and off is much quicker. My only problem with it is that with PDK the down shifting in automatic mode is sometimes too unexpected. However, in manual or automatic mode on my PDK, it is much more responsive. It really feels like you have more power, but it's just that the throttle response is much closer to the actual pedal position. The delay is virtually gone which makes getting power from the engine almost instant. The stock accelerator pedal mapping is deliberately very soft and delayed to extend the life of the transmission and clutch. It's really like driving with an elastic accelerator cable. Porsche has been using drive by wire (DBW) for years now and therefore can make the pedal response any way they want. I feel that the stock pedal response is too soft, but I can't use the Sprint Booster on my Cayman because the it makes the PDK shifting a bit too unpredictable for city driving. With a manual transmission the Sprint Booster will make the car much better behaved, but it will still take a bit of foot training to get used to. My wife has to drive my car also, so I had to remove the gadget so she could easily and safely drive it. For spirited or track driving with a manual transmission, it should be a big improvement. Want'a try it?
Old 04-04-2010, 12:30 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Gasman, I have been debating it for a while between it or a brake pressure sensor; I am going to go for the brake sensor for my data acquisition for now. Good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: Sprint booster, who wants one?