Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MD/DC/N.VA "Meet & Drive" for the winter hardy! Sun, 3/14 10:30am Rockville Starbuck

Old 02-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts
Default MD/DC/N.VA "Meet & Drive" for the winter hardy! Sun, 3/14 10:30am Rockville Starbuck

An invite from the 993 forum:

Some folks had mentioned that waiting till Spring was too long to wait for a Meet and Drive so for those of you willing to take your cars out of their garage's comfort zone for a low impact Meet and Drive, this one's for you. The Meet time will be shortened a bit due to the cold, so we can meet from 10:30-11:40 am. If you like, join us for lunch a few miles away in upper Rockville at the Hard Times Cafe.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hard-times-cafe-rockville
http://www.hardtimes.com/menuandrecipes/menu.aspx

Instead of a rip, roaring drive, we'll instead take a gentle blast straight up Rt 270 to the restaurant. That way if there's any ice, snow or unforeseen cold weather conditions, we won't be affected by it but we'll still have the camaraderie of meeting, chatting, driving, making new friends, checking out each other's cars, taking pics, and eating some food together. As usual, come for just the Meet, or the Meet and Drive or all 3, Meet, Drive & Lunch. Whatever works for your Sunday schedule.

Unplug that trickle charger, don't worry if your car gets a little dirty from melting snow on the roads, break out of the mold of not driving your car in the winter and come on out and join us! Life's too short to always wait for Spring before you take out your Porsches again. You can certainly clean that puppy when you get back home. It's probably dusty anyway if you haven't driven it for most of the winter. It could use a good washing. Or, maybe you're like me and you simply drive it year round anyway so coming out on a winter's Sunday isn't any big deal.

Meeting spot: Rockville, MD. Starbucks, 11802 Rockville Pike #A Mid Pike Plaza
Time: Sunday, March 14th, 10:30pm-11:40pm
Lunch: 12pm Hard Times Cafe 1117 Nelson St, Rockville, MD. 20850
Rain/Snow date: March 21st 10:30am (the 2nd day of Spring)

So - who's in? Please let me know if you're coming for the lunch so I can get an approximate amount for the reservation. I reserved that little side room for us again.

Regards,
Steve R

Search this Thread