Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Golf Bag Fit in Cayman?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:52 AM
smithk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Golf Bag Fit in Cayman?

Simple question. I'm looking at selling my 02 C4S and moving to something different. Two potentials are 97+ NSX or Cayman. I've owned a 91 NSX and multiple 911 variants but never Cayman.

Will a single carry style golf bag and push cart fit in the back of Cayman?

Thanks.

Keith
Old 06-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Jim in St.Louis
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can get two sets in mine and have several times. Just detach the little fence from the hatch with the two twist *****. I put the netting over them so that they don't slide around. I checked that out before buying mine.
Jim
Old 07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
wtrplnet
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same question regarding golf clubs. The dealer said it wasn't a problem. Well, here's the skinny.

A large stand bag will fit crosswise in the rear compartment with the longer clubs removed. For short trips I put the bag in longitudinally and it fits fine. But a large stand bag was kind of big. I purchased a smaller stand bag that, in general, makes for a more comfortable fit. But the longer clubs will still need to be removed if you are placing the bag into the cavity in the rear compartment.

As far as the push cart goes, I think it will depend on the specific cart. I haven't tried it but I'm sure the car will accommodate it, surely in the front compartment if not in the rear.

Quick Reply: Will Golf Bag Fit in Cayman?