Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a new Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Dave DE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sport chrono does give you some operational benefit with a 6spd. While in sport mode the throttle mapping is more agressive and the PSM limits are raised. I agree that otherwise it is ugly and so far I haven't found the need for the timer or the sport setting on the street or track. In other words, so far I've gotten no use out of it. YMMV
Old 02-19-2009, 12:45 AM
porschepet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soltino

One of My favorite Options .Its a MUST get option in My opinion.Better throttle body response zero to 60 stop watch and you can time your lap times ,The Cayman dash just looks naked without it in my opinion .Even if you do not use it it looks so cool and the throttle response is night and day without it .I would not buy a porsche without it
Old 02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Have you timed your lap times? If so, I'd like to know how you manipulate that little stalk, at speed, TWICE to get it to record laps. I'm calling BS. If you are really tracking your car, you get the printout at the end of the day from the transponder. The throttle response thing is minimal - if it's a big deal, get your ECU flashed for "always-on" sport throttle and a little extra HP.

Do you have a Porsche, porschepet? If so, do you have sport chrono? It's garbage.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Have you timed your lap times? If so, I'd like to know how you manipulate that little stalk, at speed, TWICE to get it to record laps. I'm calling BS. If you are really tracking your car, you get the printout at the end of the day from the transponder. The throttle response thing is minimal - if it's a big deal, get your ECU flashed for "always-on" sport throttle and a little extra HP.

Do you have a Porsche, porschepet? If so, do you have sport chrono? It's garbage.

Quick Reply: Thinking about a new Cayman S