Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no cotter pin on brakes ? WTF

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:01 PM
porschepet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savowood

Yes everything was exactly in its place .nothing moved around at all. But I think I will get to the hardware store and get the Hitch Pind (Thank You)Jim Michaels I would just feel better knowing there on.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Unless Porsche has raised its parts prices you can buy a brake ....

Originally Posted by porschepet
I Installed some new front brake pads on my 2007 Cayman today and BIG KUDOS to steve and Suncoast motorsports .package arrived in 3 days and I saved lots of money by purchasing my pads and sensors from Suncoast .I think it was only about $140.00 or so for the Pads and sensors and they were all OEM . This is an easy Installation for most anyone in my opinion ,Heck If you can make an Ommelette you can do this repair !! .However when I went to Pull the cotter Pin out it was simply NOT THERE !! and not just one side but BOTH sides!! NO COTTER PIN anywhere WTF? I have 27K miles on my car and never had any brake service so I have to believe I have been driving all this time without them .Did the factory simply miss putting them on my car? all I can say Is Wow . dam things are $35.00 a piece ..any sugestions?
"kit" that contains new brake hardware: pad retainer, pin, spring clip, flat head screws to hold the rotor in place (but not caliper bolts IIRC) for around $35 per axle.

Pads, rotors, and wear sensors extra.

You sure you didn't get quoted the price for the "kit" and mistake it as a quote for the spring clips only?

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:59 AM
Jonathan Lewis
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KS-CS
I'm not sure of the exact thickness or diameter, but since it is proportional to the over-all size, if you get the 7/8" ones, they will probably fit - if I had to guess, I'd say they have about the same thickness as a small paperclip.
The pin is 1.5mm in diameter, measured with a digital vernier caliper.

Quick Reply: no cotter pin on brakes ? WTF