Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Cooling Duct Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 07:19 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by tango131
Bumpity. Going to the PCA half day DE at Autobahn Joliet on July 20. Looking for some feedback re rear rotor and caliper temps and if they are "good to go" (i.e., not super high) with my current hack of using stock 987.2 front ducts in the rear (ziptied). I may order the 997 turbo rear ducts from rennstore...but the surface "finned" area of those looks small.

thanks!
Originally Posted by certz
I can't answer your question but I will also be there with another Cayman buddy and you are welcome to stop by and see what we have done - mine being a bit more extreme. Look for a grey and silver Cayman (one being my avatar) parked together.
Originally Posted by tango131

great, thanks. See you there. I have a silver Boxster. Will be wearing no 978. Yellow Group. You guys seem to be a bit faster, so black/white? I’ll bring my temp gun to make some measurements. For science, ya know

I'm the "other guy" - signed up but given the forecast looks like crap I most likely won't be there.

If somehow the forecast shifts and it doesn't look like rain at the track, I'll gladly let you poke around my car.

And I'd be interested in comparing caliper/rotor temps too. Certz and I have similar-ish setup up front for cooling (Olsen ducts) but Certz has some additional tubing... and his rear setup is pretty slick. I'd love to be able to compare the temp differences.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:02 AM
tango131
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

I keep looking at the wgn weather app radar. It looks now like rain will be very spotty and intermittent. Fast moving cells. I’ll make the 1.5 hr drive down from the north Part of city and see how many runs we get in. I’m betting we get at least 2.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:12 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

I’m aborting. Already on my way to the office. Sorry guys not worth running in the wet for me. No points, no contingency money!
Old 07-20-2018, 02:11 PM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Every weather map I look at shows it settling in around 2:00 for the rest of the day, so I am out also. Too bad, I was looking forward to getting some caliper temperatures. I will be doing the two-day event at Gingerman August 4-5th in case you are thinking about that one.

Quick Reply: Brake Cooling Duct Upgrade