Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of track experience do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:11 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
See you there my friend, I will try to brush on my french. Remember, a black Cayman S ...
Cayman S are getting very popular..... Last DE in September, there were 4 or 5 of them. Very fast and very nimble. Two brothers I know run consistent 2 min flat at Tremblant, all stock but with R compound.

See you there, I'm the white RSA.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:00 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
colin, i am just wondering why is 965 is classed same as cayman. what's the spec on 965?
As Jupe already said, my car is pretty similar to the Cayman im straight line speed. Mine is a wee bit faster, but not much. The Cayman has better aero (noticed at Daytona), 6 speeds for better gearing, and a better chassis & suspension. Net-net, Ernie and I are typically battling in D class.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:22 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Mooty, not to throw this book at you, but a C2 Turbo is not a 965. The 965 was a still-born project that never came to light (think Indy V8 engine in rear of 911 -mmm). The C2 Turbo happens to use a bunch of parts from the 965 project but the car itself is not a 965. Sadly, the C2 Turbo and the Turbo 3.6 do not have special #'s a la 951, 986, etc.
thanx for the info., all these years i have been calling it 965
Old 10-31-2006, 08:01 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Should we call it a date?
Absolutely, looking forward to it.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:20 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
thanx for the info., all these years i have been calling it 965
At least 2/3rd of the owners call their C2 Turbos 965s, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Cayve-man S
8th Gear

I am the lovechild of "The Stig" and Vicky from 5th gear...while exciting my mothers womb, I excited wide from "Uterus" to the back straight ("the canal") and then had to brake hard and downshifted (heal and toe) 2 gears, late apexed "vagina" and set up for the esses (Labia left followed by labia right), best done by trail braking into Labia left then finally accelerated hard into "world".

Carl (C-way) I know those guys you're talking about....

Last edited by Cayve-man S; 11-02-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:11 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayve-man S
I am the lovechild of "The Stig" and Vicky from 5th gear...while exciting my mothers womb, I excited wide from "Uterus" to the back straight ("the canal") and then had to brake hard and downshifted (heal and toe) 2 gears, late apexed "vagina" and accelerated hard into "world".

Carl (C-way) I know those guys you're talking about....
Now, you are somebody I would like to meet....
Old 11-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Cayve-man S
8th Gear

Boston,
I do alot of driving with C-Way and my name on cayman club is Chris-R. My brother and I seem to always be at the track for some reason (PCA events, club days, private events etc) so if you are coming up with the CS lemme know, I'll help you out learning the track and driving it best with your car.
Both my brother and I will be instructing with the Rennsport region next season and my father is the chief instructor and my stepmom is also an instructor. Not quite the Stig but not bad...
Old 11-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Project 951
Instructor

Zero track experience, but joined NASA a while ago. Plan to hit the track for the 1st time this spring. w00t
Old 03-07-2010, 04:37 PM
betegh9
Cruisin'

Race drivers don't drive from birth. We all learn to program our minds with information to create a pathway, thus, driving is done with the MIND. Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley, he is not only a pro racer, but a great communicator and coach.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 AM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I raced FV and FF in SCCA for ten years before going to Bondurants advanced class. Darren Law was my instructor. I don't recall meeting many drivers in SCCA or SVRA or HSR who had gone to a racing school.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:39 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Interesting this thread has been revived.......

Since my initial question I have done tons of DEs and finished my rookie year of PCA Club Racing.......

It has been a blast......
Old 03-08-2010, 05:41 PM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

DMD, don't think we've met (NER member), but I've signed up for Roos after many years of auto-X and a years worth of track. Do you think it was worth it?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:01 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by morsini
DMD, don't think we've met (NER member), but I've signed up for Roos after many years of auto-X and a years worth of track. Do you think it was worth it?
I would like to hear how you like the Roos program......

A couple of my buddies have taken the 5 day racing program and loved it......

I actually have contacted Dennis Macchio (Bertil Roos racing school owner) himself for some private coaching at a track of my choice......

I think you are going to love it and learn a lot from the Roos school.........

Make sure to report back........

Ciao......
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

I did the BR drive-your-own at NJMP late last year just to get a feel. I picked that date because their club open wheel season ending race event (at NJMP as they run several tracks thru the season) was the following day. So i did not do the race program; but I did meet Dennis and most of the other instructors and a lot of the open wheel participants. I was very impressed. Had a great day with them - ran in the solo class and there were a couple of Cups there, etc. Spoke several times with Dennis about lines and technique (we ran the chicane b/t T2 and T3) and thought him a very good communicator. I would not hesitate to try him 1 on 1 as I think communication the most important part of teaching. BTW, all of the OW Racers there knew how to drive and spoke highly of both Dennis and of the program they put together (and I have since half toyed with joining up for a season). Background: PSDS Performance and Masters, PCA DE for a couple of years, and I read all I can - Bentley, Watts, etc, etc..

Quick Reply: What kind of track experience do you have?