Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car show to benefit wounded Veterans in San Antonio this Sunday...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 09:42 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 416 Posts
Default Car show to benefit wounded Veterans in San Antonio this Sunday...

I don't have any Cayman's coming!!! URGENT!!!

This Sunday, May 21st there will be a multi-club Veteran's Benefit Car Show! There will be 12 different car clubs from the San Antonio area participating, including your friendly Longhorn Region PCA!

What will happen is we'll all gather and be parked by about 8:30am. At 9am some buses full of wounded soldiers from Ft. Sam Houston will arrive! (along with the Doctors and Nurses to take care of them) They will view the cars until 11am and be awarded some gifts. Then they'll head back to the hospital.

Here's the details:
Place: M7 Aerospace hangar on the Northside of the Airport. Here's the directions - http://www.longhornpca.org/Directions%20to%20M-1.pdf
Time: Gates open at 7:30am, vets will arrive at 9am and leave at 11am. We need to be out of the area by noon.
Mac Williams (Gen. USAF Ret.) will give a speech recognizing the Veterans and the car owners.

1) If a car is driven into the area you must have proof of insurance with you in the car!!
2) Restrooms are available (male, female & handicapped).
3) Bring lawn chairs for the folks you bring.
4) Drinks and snacks will be provided for free!
5) The hangars will be open for respite from the sun & use of the restrooms, vehicles are not allowed in the hangar.
6) Security & parking assistance will be provided (on a volunteer basis by M7 employees) feel free to help.
7) Room for trailered vehicles will be available
8) Your car doesn't have to be perfect, it's just a show, not a judged concourse!
9) Please make a little sign for your car that states the obvious (not required). There will be lots of different car clubs there!

For instance, for my car I'll make a sign:

1983 Porsche 968
240hp 3.0ltr 4cyl
Top speed: 165mph
33mpg at 55MPH!

You don't have to RSVP, just show up!!! Please come to this event - I'd really love for Porsche's to make a good showing!

Sincerely,
Michael Sorbera
President
Longhorn Region PCA
210-863-4492
Old 05-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Helo Driver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for doing this for our wounded veterans. I don't get my car until the 20th or 22nd and I live in TN. I'm military and would love to be there to show them that a fellow Soldier has a Cayman S. I can't be but thanks for a post like this.

Shane
Old 05-16-2006, 08:08 AM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 416 Posts

Your welcome! I'm a 20 year Air Force vet myself...

Quick Reply: Car show to benefit wounded Veterans in San Antonio this Sunday...