Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

US public apperance date.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 10:18 AM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SDSmith
New Country Porsche in Greenwich, CT had a silver Cayman S out front today. I suspect is just arrived as battery cutoff switch was still present

Yes, I was also at New Country on Saturday to see it on display. Here are some things I noticed:

- More leg room
- Headroom similar to my 986. This talk about being able to wear a helmet on top of a helmet is wishful thinking.
- I don't care for the low roofline where it meets the window. Seems very dangerous. If you get rattled in an accident, especially a T-bone situation, that roofline is going to be messing with your coconut bigtime.
- Great looking and you really don't notice the dorky roof bubble that is sometimes apparent in photos.
- Trunk space is great plus. It seems you can get 2 sets of golf clubs in there easy using smaller bags.

No test drives 'til offical January launch date.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:21 PM
VinnyC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota Florida has one on the showroom floor. It looks great!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 08:48 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a Cayman invasion! My local dealer in Roanoke also has his. When I asked to see it they gave me the keys and pointed to it outside ready to drive (on their property only). The key is huge, but you can lock/unlock and open all lids remotely with it. Maybe aftermarket suppliers will offer a holster for it. People reporting headroom problems may have the seat set too high; it lowers. I'm 6'-2" and have plenty of headroom for a helmet, even with the seat raised a bit. I'd like about one-half inch more leg room, however. That's still a bit more leg room than I had in the 911 with a roll bar installed, so I can live with it. I'll have to wait for a more serious drive to determine exactly where I want to set the steering wheel. Set low, the top of the steering wheel rim blocks my view of the top of the tach, but a shorter person may not have that problem. Otherwise, the car was exactly as I had been led to expect from what I'd read.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:55 PM
nyca
Three Wheelin'

Received 723 Likes on 400 Posts

saw a black/black one with 19" carrera classic wheels at long island dealer, very nice, those are the best of the 3 wheel packages I have seen on the car IMHO.

Quick Reply: US public apperance date.