Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brochure Availability

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Rick Longano
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brochure Availability

Just returned from a visit to Hilton Head Porsche (located about 20 minutes west of Hilton Head in Bluffton, SC - opened 2 weeks ago) where I spoke to the GM. He said that the brochures should be available next week. Verified anticipated United States deliveries are slated to begin in January '06. I have watched the interactive web site 3-4 times and haven't found any reason not to put down a deposit (refundable, according to the GM). He also stated that the cars would be sold at MSRP.

Rick Longano
Old 05-28-2005, 05:05 PM
MikeN
Three Wheelin'

Here is a link to a "mini" brochure from Europe......

http://www.rennteam.com/download.php?Number=105346

I have had a deposit down since the end of '04, but haven't decided whether to go with the Cayman or not.

Most GMs said that the new 997 and 987 were to be sold at MSRP when introduced.......most buyers that I know got a discount of various small percentages, it will probably depend on where you are located and what dealer you get it from. I know a lot of potential Cayman buyers that are excited about the car and want one, and a lot that are dissappointed with it and won't be buying one. After talking to my dealer a short while ago he said he had a few people interested in the Cayman, but not anything that could be called serious demand......and its a big dealer. Who knows what initial demand will be.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:10 PM
bikeaddict
Intermediate

I put mine down last weekend. I like the car from what I've seen and I kinda want a new P car as opposed to waiting for them to come down the food chain. Will make a final decision as more info becomes available. In the meantime, it's weighing whether or not to sell my 964 which is my favorite toy and my bikes..........
Old 06-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Ferris B
Addict
Rennlist Member

I got my brochure in the mail today.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:44 PM
nyca
Three Wheelin'

Received 723 Likes on 400 Posts

did you request it in some special way, or just having signed up on the Cayman preview web site.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Ferris B
Addict
Rennlist Member

nyca-

When on the PCNA site recently I authorized them to send me information. I did not request anything specific about the Cayman.

BTW, it's a nicely done brochure. The color photos are very good. I'd like to see more technical specs though.

The car: it is almost a 911/Boxster/Audi TT hybrid. I'll probably like how it looks in person, but on paper the jury's still out. The mfr performance specs are pretty good: 3.4 l six w/ 295 hp/250 lb.-ft. torque; 0-60 in 5.1 sec (5.8 for tiptronic); top speed 171.

The Sport Chrono pkg has a swivel-mounted timer in the center of the dash. Kinda cool.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I just got preliminary brochure from my salesman a couple of days ago. It's nicely done. The car looks great IMO. No real specs except 3.4L, 295hp. I'm wondering what the weigh is?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Ferris B
Addict
Rennlist Member

The C/D article and brochure show different hp, torque and performance specs. Interesting.

Quick Reply: Brochure Availability