Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Sport Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 03:29 PM
bikeaddict
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club Sport Cayman S

According to Autoweek.com, Porsche is working on a Club Sport stripped version of the Cayman S. With 305hp and special lightweight panels, no ac etc.

Scheduled for sometime in 2006. I really hope we get this car in the US too!

Prototype Cayman S has already bested the 997 at N'ring.

I am setting my target right on this car with fingers crossed even if it were to cost as much as the 997, I'm still there! I want a sportscar with no frills ala GT3!

Bikeaddict

91 C2
Old 03-21-2005, 06:15 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Bike addict, I sincerely hope porsche will come up with the cayman c.s., it will be awesome. We had an extensive discussion on the rumors of N.ring times etc., it is difficult to believe that porsche will make the cayman sportier than the 911...but I hope they do. If the specs. are as rumored, that's my next porsche.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:05 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

Hey Jeeva, can you direct me to the thread on N'ring times. Thanks.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Sorry, i wasn't precise with my first post, there was a thread based on this following article

http://autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101865

If you go to the third article on "related stories", you'll find a mention of N'ring times, FWIW a person who had seen the final version of the caymanS had said not to believe the whole story, so it's all conjecture at this point, and almost 100% certain that this article is NOT entirely accurate.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:47 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

Oh ok, I read this article already. Thanks anyway.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:42 PM
ScottS
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I already put a deposit down on a Cayman CS in January just in case.... Only one and one half years to go....
Old 03-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ScottS
And I already put a deposit down on a Cayman CS in January just in case.... Only one and one half years to go....
Scott, Can you tell me what a typical amount the dealership requires for a deposit.

Jeeva
Old 03-22-2005, 07:19 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeeva,

Last month I sent a survey to almost 200 US dealers. Here is the information I collected. I think this is what you are looking for. I have my deposit in.

http://www.caymanforums.com/index.ph...age&pg=dealers
Old 03-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SANDOVAL
Jeeva,

Last month I sent a survey to almost 200 US dealers. Here is the information I collected. I think this is what you are looking for. I have my deposit in.

http://www.caymanforums.com/index.ph...age&pg=dealers
Sandoval, that is great, thanks a lot.....I am looking for the cayman club sport (which may never be produced) and not the caymanS, but white allen is accepting deposits on it, and some in this board have already done so,....From your link it looks like a $1000 should be O.K. for a car that may never reach our shores.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:37 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most dealers will take some type of deposit on any car. Even cars that are rumored and possibly never produced. I know that there are dealers taking deposits on the 997TT even though Porsche has not officially released the specs.

There were a handful of dealers that decided they were not going to participate because they have no information on the car as of yet. I think that is strange if a customer wants to give you a $1000 to be on a list why not take it. I am also holding out for the CS version of the Cayman. Since there has been so much coverage on the CS model I would have to imagine it is going to happen.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:49 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric,

That is excellent work that you did with your survey!
I have to say that Jim Ellis, with a $500 refundable deposit, is the way to go.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:24 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Holy Cow Jonathan,

Now that's one nice stable of Porsche's you have!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Porsche will not build a Cayman CS version for the United States. I have this on the word of a top executive at PCNA. He stated that the CS version is only even a possibility for Europe and that hasn't even been decided yet and there will certainly not be any CS version for the US. So don't hold your breath or waste a deposit IMHO. You want a Cayman S, fine, go ahead, but CS, I think that's a pipe dream...
Old 03-23-2005, 10:53 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Can a Cayman S be stripped down to "CS" levels and does everyone really think the CS would be that much better of a track animal than the S?

Perhaps we should wait and see the actual Cayman S?

Ah, the fine art of speculation...
Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Can a Cayman S be stripped down to "CS" levels and does everyone really think the CS would be that much better of a track animal than the S?

If porsche makes it, absolutely....one thing is for certain, porsche may not be the company it was a generation ago, but if they come up with a club sport version dedicated for track use it will be one mean beast...just look at the 996 gt3.
Perhaps we should wait and see the actual Cayman S?

Excellent point....
Ah, the fine art of speculation...

Indeed,....especially when the caymanS is rumored to out perform the 997 at the ring...and my guess is all the powers of german engineering is being put to use on the caymanS to lower the performance with the utmost stealth
I cannot imagine porsche coming up with a version that may even out perform the gt3...so I agree it's highly unlikely for the c.s. to be produced at all.....

This car thing is an addiction, it was a weak moment on my part...Now, I will at the least wait for the caymanS before I consider any deposits. Thanks...

Quick Reply: Club Sport Cayman S