Sponsored by: APR

M&M / FVD exhaust failure for GT4 CS

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Flatsix_racing
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default M&M / FVD exhaust failure for GT4 CS

I have a 2016 GT4 Clubsport and recently decided to upgrade my exhaust to a full race set up. After taking the recommendation of my highly reputable race shop out of Chattanooga, I decided to go the M&M / FVD route. Unfortunately after 3 hours of usage the muffler had a complete failure and ripped a whole throughout. My race shop went ahead and ordered another assuming that M&M / FVD would warranty the part as it had such little use. To our surprise, and after communicating with M&M / FVD directly, they decided not to offer a warranty as they claimed that the failure did not happen completely along the seam of the muffler.

Obviously this has been an extremely frutrating situation to which they offered me a mere $150 credit. I get that race car parts and warranties are a different animal all together however this part only had 3 hours of usage, was used completely at DE events, and the muffler had a date stamp that was less than 3-4 months old.

Regardless, my race shop ate the labor but I really feel that M&M / FVD should have better service and wanted to share with this community. Please see pics attached.

Last edited by Flatsix_racing; 12-05-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Flatsix_racing
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-18-2019, 07:40 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

That should not have happened. Its metal fatigue and or a problem when the muffler case was rolled and formed. OPEN it up and lets LOOK inside.
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist

Quick Reply: M&M / FVD exhaust failure for GT4 CS