Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Identifying Cayman Bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 10:28 PM
GMX88
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Help Identifying Cayman Bolt ons

Hi Gents, I'm looking to join the ranks and just test drove this 2015 Cayman 6-speed, the car ran pretty well without any noticeable issues, but I did see that it had some modifications that I wasn't able to identify very well due to my lack of Porsche knowledge. They are asking $42k for the car, it has 23k miles and only 4 months left of warranty. I think the previous owner either tracked the car or just did a bunch of bolt-ons. The dealer didn't have many details (no surprise there).
Vin Number:The things I noticed are:

Upgraded Wheels, couldn't tell if original or replicas.
Upgraded exhaust (Fabspeed), again couldn't tell if just the exhaust tips or catback, but the car was noticeably loud, which I really liked.
Weighted **** ****.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm looking forward to getting my first Porsche!

Last edited by GMX88; 07-05-2018 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-07-2018, 10:10 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Hi - IMO the asking price is a bit high based on the original MSRP (see below). The wheels are definitely not stock (maybe HREs?), based on the fact it was optioned with 19s. Otherwise looks like a pretty basic build. I have a similar car and love it! The 2.7 is plenty fast for me. For me, the only exhaust upgrade would be PSE but there are plenty of people who love their fabspeeds. Best upgrades for these (again, IMO) are headers and a tune. Good luck - i also HIGHLY recommend Sport Chrono and X73. Use the search feature to learn more about those. Dom

Quick Reply: Help Identifying Cayman Bolt ons