Sponsored by:

2017 base Cayman waste gate/turbo issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 07:48 PM
dpaul
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2017 base Cayman waste gate/turbo issue

I had previously posted a thread about what I thought was a squeak coming from the PDK. I would get a squeak on every up-shift and every down-shift as well as every time I engaged/disengaged the "SPORT" mode. The squeak was audible inside the cabin and from at least 40 feet away on the outside. The problem was a waste gate inside the turbo. Porsche replaced the turbo at $3200.00 at their cost. They said they have never heard of this issue before. I hope this does not re-occur. The noise started at about 2000 - 3000 miles and continued to get louder.
I hope I am an isolated incident and it does NOT come back.
Just an FYI...!!!!
Old 07-04-2018, 07:29 PM
dpaul
Intermediate

108 views and no reply's on an issue with a new 718 with significant potential $$$$ involved for future owners.
This forum is very weak...!!!!
I am not looking for likes or kudos, but a new model with this kind of potential issue... I'm a little shocked.
What is the use of posting on any subject if all that happens is people just read and there is no discussion.
Webster defines a Forum as "... a public meeting place for open discussion...".
This "forum" is nothing more than the likes of spray painting on the side of a building... I would have equally as much forum discussion.
For such a great vehicle, what an incredible dichotomy between the love of the vehicle and the lack of forum participation.
Analyzing the collective ratio of views vs. reply's... why are are we even logged in?
Sad!
Old 07-05-2018, 12:01 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Might get a little more reaction on the 718 forum. . That being said I appreciate your data point but one instance does not mean that the sky is falling.

Peter
Old 07-05-2018, 01:49 PM
dpaul
Intermediate

Good point and well taken... I'll post it there as well.
Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: 2017 base Cayman waste gate/turbo issue