Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster S 2013 launch control button issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 01:38 AM
BoxsterDee
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster S 2013 launch control button issues

Hi I'm new to this forum and all things Porsche related. Just pick up a used 2013 boxster s with about 60000 miles. This car rocks! I wish would of bought a Porsche sooner.

I'm having a problem getting the sports plus button to light up. The car came equipped with the sport chrono package. I place the car in drive and in park but can't get the button to light up and see nothing on the dash. I hope it's something simple that I'm doing and not the car. I've been searching the net for three hours but nothing about the button not working. Please can someone help.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:19 PM
Morbo
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 possibilities:
1.) The Sport+ button in the center console is faulty and needs to be replaced (this is less likely though, the buttons all plug into a single controller module in the console, so if something went bad, odds are all the buttons would be not functioning (PSE, spoiler, auto stop start etc)
2.) The car's programming got reset at some point by a dealer doing repair work and it just needs to get re-programmed. (more likely). Schedule an appointment with your dealer and ask them to check the programming. (reactivating Sport + requires authorization codes from Germany, so best if you have dealer do it for you. I don't think it's something you can do by yourself with a PIWIS tool)

I recently bought a CPO '15 Cayman S and noticed during test drive that Sport + button wasn't working. All other buttons (Sport, PSE, auto stop/start, spoiler) were all working, just not Sport +.
Dealer fixed it before i took delivery, said the Sport + programming in car's computer had gotten deactivated accidentally some where along the way during the CPO process and just needed reactivation.

Last edited by Morbo; 05-26-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:24 PM
BoxsterDee
AutoX

That what I wanted to hear. Will be taking it to dealer. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:26 PM
Pointbye
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 29 Posts

Did you activated chrono in the instrument cluster?
Old 05-26-2018, 10:22 PM
BoxsterDee
AutoX

In the cluster I set it to chronos. But the button still doesn't light up or nothing in the dash saying lanch control. I've seen lots of videos of people just pushing the button and it lights up with other buttons. All other button in console work.
Old 05-27-2018, 11:31 PM
BoxsterDee
AutoX

Does anyone know what the dealer would charge to get this turned back on. The last time they touched the car was to install a new driver window switch. 2 years ago last owner.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:10 PM
BoxsterDee
AutoX

Dealer said console button is bad and have to replace the whole thing. $700. Does this sound right or am I getting robbed. Anyone know of a good indy shop in socal that can check with the porscher service tool. PIWIS

Quick Reply: Boxster S 2013 launch control button issues