Thoughts on sprint booster and/or ECU - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Thoughts on sprint booster and/or ECU

Old 05-07-2018, 02:37 PM
rykwong
User

Default Thoughts on sprint booster and/or ECU

I have a Cayman 987.2 base MT without any mods. Car is for only street use. What are people’s thoughts on these two items? Softronic, EVOMS, VR? Is it worth it? I have researched on the forums and seen mainly stuff on th CS models and PDK. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:33 AM
nowakm99
User

Originally Posted by rykwong View Post
I have a Cayman 987.2 base MT without any mods. Car is for only street use. What are people’s thoughts on these two items? Softronic, EVOMS, VR? Is it worth it? I have researched on the forums and seen mainly stuff on th CS models and PDK. Thanks.
Tuning a naturally aspirated time is not a good use of money and time in my opinion. The gains are marginal and you introduce the potential of reducing reliability. A much better bang for the buck would be to invest in parts that improve the driving experience. Examples: tires, brakes, exhaust, short shifter, coil-overs, etc. It all depends on what you intend to do with the car and what you want out of it, but I personally wouldn't waste my money on tuning as the gains are small and expensive.

If you're running a forced induction car, it's a totally different story.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:31 AM
ETP66
User

I have done the EVOMS Tune, IPD / Throttle Body and the Sprint Booster along with a Billy Boat Cat Back Exhaust on 987.1 Cayman S. My Opinion, Great sound with noticeable mid range response and much quicker throttle response. All the mods where done within a few weeks of each other and it took approx 500-1000 miles for everything to sort out. The mods aren't cheap then again you can't take it with you. Enjoy the ride.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:07 PM
SomnoBoost
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rykwong View Post
Without question I would go with the Suncoast Porsche Sport Mode software. Even uses the OEM Sport Mode buttons to look like an option rather than an add-on. And it's fairly cheap, by some standards. Read the reviews on the site and then also google search it. You will find more opinions, not sure if I saw a negative one. I just bought a new set of tires upgraded my exhaust (MANDATORY for a 987.2!) this week or else I would have added this Suncoast Sport Mode to my Cayman already. It's my next modification for sure.
Suncoast Sport Mode

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts on sprint booster and/or ECU

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: