Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Cayman S/PDK Track

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 02:32 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2011 Cayman S/PDK Track

Question for the track enthusiasts: Has anyone flashed their PDK with revised shift points done with a Cobb Accessport? Does the PDK have a separate "TCU" like the engine "ECU" and is it the same on all 9A1 engine series?
Old 04-06-2018, 07:59 AM
Fumes
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
Question for the track enthusiasts: Has anyone flashed their PDK with revised shift points done with a Cobb Accessport? Does the PDK have a separate "TCU" like the engine "ECU" and is it the same on all 9A1 engine series?
99% sure it is doable. contact levitas or tom at tpc. we cant do it in my car bc not legal for stock class, but in GT classes you can essentially switch to the gt3 trans map w the cobb
Old 04-10-2018, 10:52 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 491 Posts

We check RPM limits in PCA Club Racing and I have actually never seen a non stock shift point map for any PDK car in any class. That doesn’t mean that it can’t be done. I’ve just never seen it.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:46 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks all for the responses! Cobb PDK flash is a somewhat new option that I decided to try out. Stock upshifts on the street are quite low as I have seen 6th gear under 2000 rpm! There are different options based on whether your car has a "Sport" option included. Depending on what you want, an OEM+ flash assumes an "R" performance while a more aggressive option will delay upshifts to 3400 rpm
which may be too much for casual street use. Their website has charts that show the comparison between stock and Cobb shift points along with explanation of clutch engagement speed and slippage reduction. Not a cheap route to take, especially if the PDK TCU needs an OEM software upgrade thru a dealer, (older car) to accept the flash.

Some tuners write their own software for the Cobb Accessport while others will not touch a PDK due to the expense involved & liability issue if the PDK blows up. Porsche has done an amazing job with the PDK and must be respected.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayman S/PDK Track